Affiliate plugin no documentation

OK I'm a bit confused. There really isn't any documentation on how to use this plugin ( I hope the others are better).
What I was wanting was and affiliate system (affiliatesite.com) in which I could set up several services (sold over many sites) and then bring in select affiliates that could sell the services.
Example:
Site where affiliates sign up affiliatesite.com
Service one web-hosting set up at webhosting.com
service two Reputation mang set up at repmang.com

I would set both these products up in the affiliate system and then have affiliates sign up and have access to their links/banners.

I don't see a place to add products/services.

It seems as this is only an affiliate plugin for the WordPress site it is installed in. Even at that I still don't see where to log products and services just input banner ads. I guess I don't understand how the plugin works.

-Where do affiliates go to log in?
-Where do I go to input products or services they will be selling?
-Are these types of things possible or is this just an affiliate plugin for a membership site that it is installed in?

Can you please give complete detailed instructions on how to set this plugin up (given above situation)along with some guidelines of possible uses.

Thank you,

Jason

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Jason,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your questions.

Currently Affiliate works with the in-built add-ons, can be used manually or with a custom coded add-on.

For example when using the MarketPress add-on, you can define a % of the sale to give to the affiliate.

Payouts are done manually, you can either download the masspay PayPal file or pay the affiliates how you want and then make that deduction within the admin area on their account.

This is why there isn't a way to add products/services, if that makes sense?

Currently, to supply unique banners per service, you would need separate sites, as the affiliate banners added, would be available to everyone, there aren't any "affiliate groups" currently, such as an affiliate for ex and a affiliate for yz.

-Where do affiliates go to log in?

Affiliates would login through the standard domain.com/wp-login.php or you could use a front-end login widget.

-Where do I go to input products or services they will be selling?

Currently there isn't a way to do that, if you are using MarketPress, you can enable that add-on and automatically give the affiliate a % of sales.

-Are these types of things possible or is this just an affiliate plugin for a membership site that it is installed in?

It would really require custom coding here, to get it exactly as required, with services that track affiliate sales etc, you could try posting a job on the WPMU DEV job board here premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-custom-development/

So you could out the box use it, with the Pro sites integration, MarketPress integration etc, to pay out based on sales of those services, but if the service isn't that, it would require custom coding I'm afraid.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.