affiliate plugin not registering $$

Hello,
Got affiliates working without anyone paying. The clicks register in the backend, however the sales $$ amounts not showing up in the backend. Any ideas why that may be the case?
Thanks in advance!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings brentbozeman,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

Got affiliates working without anyone paying?

??

however the sales $$ amounts not showing up in the backend. Any ideas why that may be the case?

How much sales have you had that have yet to register a $ amount?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings brentbozeman,

Thank you for the great question, and no they do not need to make a purchase to be an affiliate but of course they do need to be a registered user.

Do you have the Market Press add-on activated?

And the percentage setup in Products --> Store Settings --> Payments tab --> Affiliate settings?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• brentbozeman
    • Flash Drive

Comments below:

Greetings brentbozeman,

Hi Joe

Thank you for the great question, and no they do not need to make a purchase to be an affiliate but of course they do need to be a registered user.

The affiliate, not the buyer, correct?

Do you have the Market Press add-on activated?

Yes

And the percentage setup in Products --> Store Settings --> Payments tab --> Affiliate settings?

Yes

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thanks,
    Brent

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Brent,

Thank you for the additional input and another GREAT question:

The affiliate, not the buyer, correct?

I absolutely do not know if the purchaser must be registered or not within Market Press for the registered affiliate to receive a commission from the purchase.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

The affiliate has to sign up as an affiliate (and user) on your system. Buyers aren't affiliates. Can you activate the affiliate debug add-on and do a test follow through to see if the cookie is staying in your browser correctly.

The payment is added to the affiliates account when an order is paid for, what payment gateways are you using in Marketpress?

• brentbozeman
    • Flash Drive

Barry,
    I activated the affiliate debug add-on and did the test( in IE). There is now evidence of any cookie showing up there. I did the test, paid for the item, and no record of the sale shows up in the affiliate reports. Could there be another reason that the sale does not show up?
    Thanks in advance
    Brent

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Brent,

Thank you for the additional input which is absolutely appreciated.

I think that this is certainly an unusual configuration with Market Press, chained payments, plus the affiliates all in one but at the same time know of no reason why it wouldn't work.

Therefore I will see about getting @Barry back in here for his input now that we have more information together.

Thank you for your patience while I try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

There is now evidence of any cookie showing up there.

Now evidence or no evidence? If the later, can you post up the contents of your wp-config.php file so I can check something (please remove your db username passwords first). Also, do you domain mapping plugin installed?

• brentbozeman
    • Flash Drive

Barry,
    No evidence, and I do not have domain mapping installed.

wp-config.php:

<?php
    /**
    * The base configurations of the WordPress.
    * This file has the following configurations: MySQL settings, Table Prefix,
    * Secret Keys, WordPress Language, and ABSPATH. You can find more information
    * by visiting {@link http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php Editing
    * wp-config.php} Codex page. You can get the MySQL settings from your web host.
    * This file is used by the wp-config.php creation script during the
    * installation. You don't have to use the web site, you can just copy this file
    * to "wp-config.php" and fill in the values.
    * @package WordPress
    */

// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //
    /** The name of the database for WordPress */
    define('DB_NAME', 'xxxxxxxxxx');

/** MySQL database username */
    define('DB_USER', 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx');

/** MySQL database password */
    define('DB_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxxxxxxx');

/** MySQL hostname */
    define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');

/** The Database Collate type. Don't change this if in doubt. */
    define('DB_COLLATE', '');

/**#@+
    * Authentication Unique Keys and Salts.
    * Change these to different unique phrases!
    * You can generate these using the {@link https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt/ WordPress.org secret-key service}
    * You can change these at any point in time to invalidate all existing cookies. This will force all users to have to log in again.
    * @since 2.6.0
    */
    define('AUTH_KEY', '@j?ipQ1nR,yuuCW@Uneverleavetheplayground.comAS-{%gQEpSr_+<dyb+>:Yd#nWbetyh~4rmMUap4Q6rZEcZy');
    define('SECURE_AUTH_KEY', '+hOIBXnJ~C;ftmT([CA|]_wDSneverleavetheplayground.comG<K?#S8{H>//EaLy7]h:jhRfj.K=Usg#g&$9+ox');
    define('LOGGED_IN_KEY', 'c8K?-u_wU{BZ2yHK_sbOo1@?!neverleavetheplayground.com}H<`PM%7^l6VJTY,~DSOJ,zCtVI@Ym$WZi1@5x5');
    define('NONCE_KEY', 's5,9YV+%:+HFX#l~ %RE`AZ/pneverleavetheplayground.comUzn<&<R%71t-|[H-L+}AtN9/thH&dMcVM8WN|Q}');
    define('AUTH_SALT', 'KUEIq@~d.Tk+~t>1:HS9$8G_*neverleavetheplayground.comzG,jcuq2l=7l#KE[-1c)QW3a{LwGi-kwhRVP&]g');
    define('SECURE_AUTH_SALT', ';0GoKVCGWIZh:YOa*h[]-T&Dineverleavetheplayground.comnp=:iQ;z$>OkEYNi2@Y`|5-c|n:Jb #}97E?LX7');
    define('LOGGED_IN_SALT', 'we3RP{hVolwbVh-((L%LEcHKlneverleavetheplayground.com[IaA9<bDvi`h/M:3U7xK8S]A|.Q,2$|*jcOqWNB');
    define('NONCE_SALT', '~<MckLITBiGaIV)497^JDbe-)neverleavetheplayground.comG:*}/Prup?HeQMLNLz2kG~d/306X7Noin@gGh7+');

/**#@-*/

/**
    * WordPress Database Table prefix.
    * You can have multiple installations in one database if you give each a unique
    * prefix. Only numbers, letters, and underscores please!
    */
    $table_prefix = 'wp_';

/**
    * WordPress Localized Language, defaults to English.
    * Change this to localize WordPress. A corresponding MO file for the chosen
    * language must be installed to wp-content/languages. For example, install
    * de_DE.mo to wp-content/languages and set WPLANG to 'de_DE' to enable German
    * language support.
    */
    define('WPLANG', '');

/**
    * For developers: WordPress debugging mode.
    * Change this to true to enable the display of notices during development.
    * It is strongly recommended that plugin and theme developers use WP_DEBUG
    * in their development environments.
    */
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);

define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);

define('MULTISITE', true);
    define('SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true);
    $base = '/';
    define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'neverleavetheplayground.com');
    define('PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/');
    define('SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
    define('BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

/** Absolute path to the WordPress directory. */
    if ( !defined('ABSPATH') )
    define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/');

/** Sets up WordPress vars and included files. */
    require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-settings.php');

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.