affiliate plugin reporting

Is there a cron that runs to keep track of clicks and what not? I have created a link with the affiliate ID given and I don’t see any click updates in the reporting section? Do I have to wait 24hrs to see the previous days activity or should it/is it real time?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I have created a link with the affiliate ID given and I don’t see any click updates in the reporting section?

From here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wordpress-affiliate-is-not-working#post-116411

Now, on to how affiliate works.

If you visit the website without an affiliate reference, then a cookie is generated to say that you didn’t first arrive from an affiliate link. The plugin will from that point on (for the duration of the browser session) ignore any affiliate links – this is to prevent affiliate account forcing.

If you visit via an affiliate link first, it will record a click. It will then ignore any other affiliate links / visits for 30 days – this is to prevent affiliate hijacking.

If you want to test the plugin properly, you ideally need a separate browser. clear the cookies and paste the affiliate link in the address bar. This will record a click. That browser will then *not* record any more clicks for 30 days or until the cookies are cleared again.

Hope that makes sense.

• bford
    • Flash Drive

I have tested some changes I’ve made to the marketpress code ( as described in this post ) and I see the clicks coming through from the network admin screens, however when I login as the affiliate on their subdomain site it doesn’t reflect anything in there. I have tested this on multiple computers, with multiple different browsers so i’m not sure why the network admin would see click count go up and the affiliate not see any clicks…any thoughts?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

however when I login as the affiliate on their subdomain site it doesn’t reflect anything in there.

It’s using exactly the same code to pull the information in on the admin side and the users side so, no, not sure what’s going on there. Can you pop up some screenshots to show us the differences you are seeing.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Actually – I’ve just reread that. On their subdomain sites? Not on the site the clicks are going to?

Have you set the plugin up for global use, as otherwise it’s running as distinct and separate affiliate sites so the clicks on one site won’t show as stats on another site as they are running independently.

• bford
    • Flash Drive

Have you set the plugin up for global use

Unless I have to manually set something up the affiliate plugin should be set for networks. I checked from the network admin side under plugins and it shows “network deactivate” so it is “network activated”, is that what you’re talking about?

• bford
    • Flash Drive

Here are some scree shots. One is of the network admin login and the other is the affiliate login. I was thinking it was doing "seperate" installs and not associating the 2 but why would the admin side see the clicks and the affiliate side not see the clicks from it's own subdomain?

• bford
    • Flash Drive

Ok another udpate (* feel like i’m talking to myself now *)

This is how I have been able to make “something” work:

1. setup user in back end of template store ( domain.com )

2. setup site & add user that you just created ( subdomain.domain.com )

3. login as new user and select “yes please” to be an affiliate of ( domain.com )

4. display global products on subdomain store because tracking

Doesn’t work:

http://subdomain.domain.com/blog/store/products/fluxcapacitor/?ref=affiliateID-1 (* doesn’t work *)

This works:

http://domain.com/blog/store/products/fluxcapacitor/?ref=affiliateID-1 (* works *)

So buyer adds product to cart, goes through the paypal express checkout process and is redirected back to site to confirm order, order confirms and all is well.

So where is the tracking of this order for the affiliate? At the very least I can’t even tell what URL it came from or AffiliateID because paypal doesn’t seem to record that and marketpress or the affiliate plugin doesn’t seem to keep track of this…is the Affiliate plugin only for signups and not sales?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi bford,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news, and glad that’s sorted!

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we’ll get onto it and helping you out asap! Also in case it’s an issue still, could you check through the tickable options in your template to see if any Affiliate options are in there?

Cheers,

David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.