Affiliate plugin setup with Pro Sites, especially payments to affiliate

I am really confused here. I searched for help and found some threads but none answered my questions and one or more referenced the Supporter plugin which was confusing.

I have a multiuser site with the Prosites plugin added, I installed the Affiliate plugin and now want to get it working. In Prosites, I set an annual price of $27 and nothing else. No free sites will be offered.

My problem is how to set the Affiliate plugin so that the affiliate receives a 50% commission for each paid referral? I looked at the affiliate settings and saw some payment settings at the bottom but I see no way to have a 50% commission anywhere and I do not understand how to use those payment settings.

I am really desperate for help here because I cannot launch my site until I get a fully functioning affiliate program setup and working.

Thank you far any help and suggestions.

• aecnu

Greetings kjenter,

Hopefully I can shed some light clarifying on the subjects covered in your ticket.

I am really confused here. I searched for help and found some threads but none answered my questions and one or more referenced the Supporter plugin which was confusing.

The Pro Sites plugin is the previous but renamed Supporter plugin. They are one in the same though the new Pro Sites plugin was advanced considerably over the old named Supporter version.

My problem is how to set the Affiliate plugin so that the affiliate receives a 50% commission for each paid referral? I looked at the affiliate settings and saw some payment settings at the bottom but I see no way to have a 50% commission anywhere and I do not understand how to use those payment settings.

You must put in a specific amount, there is no percentage capability for this particular integration of the Affiliate plugin with the Pro Sites plugin - it is a straight out amount entry. Therefore in this case for you scenario you would be entering $13.50 into the setting.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings kjenter,

I don't understand where to enter my $13.50 commission amount, At the bottom of the settings page are 3 places to enter values but all values are restricted to even dollar amounts. Also, how do I deal with the "1 month payment" and "3 month payment" fields? Just leave them empty?

This is where you are entering the actual price for your service and not relative to commissions.
    The months that you see are your options of how much to charge for those monthly options.

I am still trying to figure out exactly here to place the commission entry in the system :slight_frown: Is it place in prosites somewhere or in affiliate? And can I have more then one level? ie Pro and Pro Plus levels for affiliates?

The commissions are flat fee for all levels you input, but can be different for each monthly option you have enabled mentioned above.

Lets first make sure that you have in fact activated the Affiliates for Pro Sites add on module:

Logged into the network admin dashboard go to --> Dashboard --> Affiliates --> manage Add-ons tab and be sure that Supporter add-on is activated.

Then you go to Affiliate settings tab and scroll to the bottom of the page and you can see where to input the affiliate commissions for the Pro Sites plugin.

Please advise if I have relayed the concept successfully to you on how these two things interact.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.