Affiliate recurring commissions

Hi!

I just want to clarify some thing...
One of your staff members said this to me

"The affiliate plugin currently only one off payments, so it couldn’t be used to pay recurring commissions."

But this statement isnt correct according to:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/integrating-the-affiliate-plugin-part-one/

it clearly says that the Affiliate system can handle "recurring commissions" if you read, so is this correct?
(See below)

So my question is.

If a person reffered 10 people to sign up for a "blog", will that member be paid
per month as long as these persons are "Subscribers" as an affiliate.

I really need this to work, as this will be the NO 1 reason for me to Choose you
as a "company". Please help me out...

"The second line checks to see if we have already paid our affiliate for this referral. On systems that handle recurring or subscription based payment models, a payment may be triggered more than once. In this particular scenario, we only want to pay our affiliate on the first payment we receive (the initial upgrade), so if a payment is already recorded then we need to know about it before we do anything.
Which is precisely what the following line does:"

if($aff && $paid != 'yes') {

do_action('affiliate_purchase', $aff, $amount);

(the define AFFILIATE_PAYONCE is set in the affiliateincludes/includes/config.php file. You can set this to no or remove it if you want to make a recurring payment, or simply ignore it and mark the blog as paid if you don’t need the option).

PS! You rareley answer follow up messages in the Forums....

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Alexander

I hope you are well today!

I believe you are on the right track with the constant that can be set to false in wp-config to override the AFFILIATE_PAYONCE

However, I am not 100% sure if simply adding that would effectively pay an affiliate a percentage of all payments received.

So I've flagged our 2nd-level support team, who are much more proficient at understanding the inner code workings than I am.

PS! You rareley answer follow up messages in the Forums....

I just checked your forum profile and see that all your questions were indeed answered in a timely manner. The only question I see unanswered is at the end of this thread:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/ive-got-a-few-questions-actually-1-i-wonder-if-its

Which is exactly what you have posed here. :slight_smile:

Is there any particular reply or topic that has you feeling dissatisfied with the support offered?

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Alexander,

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

Just for clarify, what you want is if a user referred a member to the service, each month, when the member pay for the service, the user will get commission, and that only stop when the member don't use the service anymore ?

Please advise,
    Thanks!!!

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Alexander,

I hope you are well today.

I have checked the code, and it seem the
    define('AFFILIATE_PAYONCE', 'no');
    Will work, when the plugin checking does this ref valid to pay, it will get the usermeta "affiliate_paid", to check does this user already paid or not. And when you turn the AFFILIATE_PAYONCE to "no", it will prevent the usermeta "affiliate_paid" saved, and when new payment made, the flow will go as you expect :slight_smile:.

If you have any issues please don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.