Affiliate reward cap

Looks like there is a setting to set affiliate rewards indefinetly instead of just for the one-time signup. This is done by adding define('AFFILIATE_PAYONCE', 'no');

1) What happens if a user switches plans, does the affiliate reward also adjust accordingly?

2) Instead of turning on affiliate rewards indefinitely is there a way to set a cap based on several months of monetary reward value.
For example:
a) Affiliates will get a reward for 6 months of when a user is signed up.
b) Or an affiliate will get up to $50 in reward for however long the user is signed up for a plan.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Robert,

1) What happens if a user switches plans, does the affiliate reward also adjust accordingly?

I don't think so - but I've asked developer for confirmation. I'm waiting for answer - when I get one I'll update thread.

2) Instead of turning on affiliate rewards indefinitely is there a way to set a cap based on several months of monetary reward value.

No, I'm afraid this is not possible at the moment with default options in plugin. That would require custom coding to implement.
    But I can move your thread to features and feedback forum - if there will be more interest in that features that there is chance it will be implemented into plugin.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Robert
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks for the quick reply.

One more questions...
    Was reading the Usage section of the plugin but not sure what this feature does. Can you explain this please

For developers, there is an ‘affiliate_click_amount_filter’ filter hook available...

• Robert

Thanks for clarifying Kasia.
    Trying to see if this can be achieved without custom coding...

Kasia, can you tell me if this is possible at all?
    Lets say I wanted to manually end the reward an affiliate is receiving by the automated system. Is there a way to go into the system, look to see if an affiliate has been rewarded 10 times (for example) for a particular blog signup and then manually end their reward at the 10th transaction?

That way I could go each month and manually set a cap so that affiliates only receive rewards for on the first 10 months frame for each blog signup.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Robert,

Is there a way to go into the system, look to see if an affiliate has been rewarded 10 times (for example) for a particular blog signup and then manually end their reward at the 10th transaction?

Thanks for asking. I hope you don't mind me chipping in here.

I think it's possible. For doing this, you will need to go to "Dashboard > Affiliates > Manage Affiliates" section and then move your mouse over your target Affiliate. You will get a "manage" link. Click on that. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Then the detailed history of that Affiliate will be shown to you. On that details page, if you see that your affiliate has already got 10 referrals, then you can simply change the "Approve user account" option to "Not Approved". That will disable that affiliate. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

I believe, this will help.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Robert

Hi Rupak,
    looks like this will end an affiliates program altogether rather than just ending the rewards they receive from a particular sale. What I was looking for is that there's a cap of rewards given per blog subscription sold, not to put a cap on total rewards given to an affiliate.

Well seems like this would require custom coding. Thanks for the feedback so far guys.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Robert,

I'm afraid, yes. That will require some custom coding.

However, you can always hire a developer from our Jobs Section if you want. Please keep in mind, developers found in our Jobs Section are not associated with us in any way. So communicate with them well before making any payments to them.

Please let us know if you have any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.