Affiliate signup not clear

Hi

I have activated this plugin on my multi-site, I can see the Affiliate dashboard, all working great. But its unclear to me how I make it possible for others to now join my affiliate program? What does someone not registered, no links to my site need to do now to become an affiliate for my site?

Do I need a link? Do they use the normal register method of Wordpress, I tried that with a test account but once I login there I see nothing connected to affiliates...

How does this work?

• aecnu

Greetings Nicholas,

But its unclear to me how I make it possible for others to now join my affiliate program?

They must register to MultiSite network and then they are automatically included in the affiliate program with their unique personalized link displayed if they login and choose from the dashboard -->Users --> Affiliate Referrals-->Enable Affiliate links

Do I need a link?

This is optional but we like having one ourselves to track our own promotions.

I tried that with a test account but once I login there I see nothing connected to affiliates...

Is it set up?
    Network Activated, setup? -->network admin dashboard-->Dashboard-->Affiliates and Affiliate settings, Manage addons

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Nicholas

Hi Joe

Of course the network is setup... Sorry, but I am getting a bit frustrated with this plugin. The help file is not very clear and the statement "It just works" just aint true.

My network is setup. The plugin is installed. I register on the main website with a test account.

I do not understand what you mean with the following:
    Is it set up?
    Network Activated, setup? -->network admin dashboard-->Dashboard-->Affiliates and Affiliate settings, Manage addons

I simply want to use this as a tracking system with my store. When someone buys a product and was sent by an affiliate this plugin must track it. My store is running at:

http://shop.careerdevelopmentplan.net

If I understand correctly then, this plugin ONLY works with WPMU systems / plugins, it cannot work as a standalone affiliate management system that tracks sales on my Marketpress enabled website selling other kinds of products?

If it can works as a standalone plugin (without Supporter and Membership) only as a product sales affiliate tracking system, then how do I get it to work?

Please register here, and you will see what I mean, no affiliate options:
    http://shop.careerdevelopmentplan.net/wp-signup.php

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.