Affiliate unique click in multi site not working

I found my Affiliates plugin did not work correctly in multi sites, I had a site named , when i click the link generated (the one with ?ref=something) , the clicks did not tracked at , and tracked in instead.

Please help.

• Kimberly

Hi and Welcome to WPMUdev forums :slight_smile:

I had a site named , when i click the link generated (the one with ?ref=something) , the clicks did not tracked at , and tracked in instead.

Your subdomains are affiliates of your main site. Therefore if you create a link then it will be tracked on and viewed by the affiliate at
    The same will happen if you make your affiliate.

If that doesn't help to clarify then perhaps you can supply a bit more detail about the above? Maybe where you are clicking on this link and what you are expecting to see tracked?

Because I found that sometime the clicks is not increasing even I click for several times.

The tracking keeps record of referrals and signups. It will tell you if you're link generated a click but only once from that particular IP. Multiple clicks from the same computer open up the main affiliate account holder to abuse of their affiliate system.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:
    Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

• imssarl

Thanks. Is there a way then to get it to work on a per subsite basis independantly of the main multisite.
    What I am basically trying to do is:
    - setup a multisite with all core content, pages, graphics... that will be used as a new blog template
    - get users / customers to join and when doing so they get a replica of the main site they can map to their domain. But it will also have the membership and affiliate plugin (+ ad sharing and so on) installed so that they can recruit affiliates and sell membership accesses to the content...

Is that somehow possible, or should I just create single WP install with all these plugins and then get a script to clone those for my members? I would then lose the domain mapping and easy setup...

Thanks for your insights!