Affiliate Unique Click, User Role, User ID and Cookie

Hi,

I’ve read the Affiliate Plugin usage but still with a few questions:

1. Unique Click Reports:

Let’s say it shows 5 unique clicks. When I click on the link, it still shows only the number of clicks by months. I tried the shortcodes, but it does not work out.

In the unique click report, how can I check which links/products are clicked through that affiliate?

2. Affiliates by WP User Role:

Eg. Subscriber, 25% commission,

Contributor, 50% commission.

Is that integrated in the plugin?

3. User ID:

Default: username-37

How can I set only username? No “-” sign, No “#”.

4. Credit Cookies:

define(‘AFFILIATE_REPLACE_COOKIE’, ‘yes’:wink:;

Is it the right code to recognize only new cookies?

Example: John clicked on Tom’s link, and did not buy anything for 25 days.

But on Day 26, John clicked on Jerry’s link and made a purchase.

Will that purchase credit Tom or Jerry? (with the about code)

5. Days Cookies:

define(‘AFFILIATE_COOKIE_DAYS’,45);

That sets 45 Days to track Affiliate’s link. What number to set if it’s unlimited days, i.e. track only the new cookie.

Best regards,

Vi

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Victor Rak ,

Hope you’re doing well today!

Regarding to your questions:

1) What shortcodes are you using? In the admin panel -> Affiliates -> Affiliates Report it should display a table with the unique clicks, Sign Ups, etc.

However, the shortcodes displays the information related to the logged in user. Are you a affiliate in your website too?

2) Unfortunately, the plugin don’t have any option to do that. This is something that will require some custom code. I can suggest you to add this suggestion under our Features and Feedback section so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

3) This will require some custom code too, however, it was already suggested some code to achieve it. Can you try it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/can-we-set-referral-link-as-username-only#post-1012414

4) Right, using that “define”, any referral link clicked by the user will replace any existing cookie with the new referral code.

So, as the referral code was replaced, the credit goes to “Jerry”.

5) As mentioned in the below topic, the cookie must have an expiry date, however, I think it could work if you set it to “-1”:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/setting-the-allfiliate-days-to-unlimited#post-265064

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Victor Rak
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

hi, Luís

Re:

1) What shortcodes are you using? In the admin panel -> Affiliates -> Affiliates Report it should display a table with the unique clicks, Sign Ups, etc.

I tested all shortcodes available, but it does not show the specific products clicks referred from the affiliate.

Example:

Unique Clicks: 10 via Jack.

Jack wants to know which clicks on Product A, or B?

i.e. Unique Clicks: 10

Details:

– Unique clicks on Product A: 4

– Clicks on Product B: 1

– Clicks on Product C: 5

(Total 10)

Please advice.

Best regards,

Vi

d

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Victor Rak ,

Hope you’re doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for the late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

I misunderstood the initial question, unfortunately, Affiliates don’t allow to track the clicks to the specific products.

It gives the number of unique clicks, Sign Ups, etc, but not the info regarding to the specific URL’s (Product A, or B, etc).

I think it would be a great feature to the Affiliates projects, so, I could suggest to post it under our Features and Feedback section, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.