[Affiliates] Affiliates Questions

A few questions

First, when a user signs up through an affiliate, I want it set up to pay them 15% of that total each month. How would I do that?

What happens when a user cancels their paid membership? Does that affiliate's payment automatically reflect that?

How can I automate payouts to be once a month for all affiliates? Like say I want all affiliates that have earned during a period to be paid on the 15th of each month.

If someone signs up and tells me afterward they were referred by an affiliate, how can I update those records and still pay the affiliate?

• Nahid

Hey Jason Bowers !
    Hope you are having a great day!

First, when a user signs up through an affiliate, I want it set up to pay them 15% of that total each month. How would I do that?

First of all, you'll have to go to your WordPress Dashboard->Affiliates->Add-ons and enable the "Membership2" add-on. Here's a screenshot for reference:

With that activated, you should be able to see "Affiliate Settings" under payment options for each membership. Please go to your WordPress Dashboard->Membership 2. Here you should be able to see a list of your memberships, click on "Edit" under the preferred membership and proceed to "Payment Options". Here's another screenshot for reference showing the affiliate settings:

Set the "Reward on first payment" to your preferred amount and set the reward type to "Percent (payment)".

By default, the Affiliates plugin doesn't support recurring payments to the affiliates. To make sure the first payment in the setting is treated as recurring payments, please open your wp-config.php file and add the following line of code:
    define('AFFILIATE_PAYONCE', 'no');
    With that added, affiliates will be paid for every single payment made by the referred user.

What happens when a user cancels their paid membership? Does that affiliate's payment automatically reflect that?

There's a functionality in the Affiliates plugin that checks the membership status and it will deny the reward if the payment is not done.

How can I automate payouts to be once a month for all affiliates? Like say I want all affiliates that have earned during a period to be paid on the 15th of each month.

Unfortunately, automated payments isn't available in the Affiliates plugin out of the box. All it does is generates a PayPal Mass Pay File containing the reward payment details for affiliates, that can be uploaded to PayPal using which the payment can be made. You can know more about PayPal Mass Payment here. Moreover, the Affiliates Usage Guide also describes how payments are exported and transactions are marked as paid in the "Affiliate Reports" section. Here's another screenshot for reference:

If someone signs up and tells me afterward they were referred by an affiliate, how can I update those records and still pay the affiliate?

Unfortunately, such records cannot be added alongside the general automated records that are being tracked by the plugin. So, payments for such records would need to be paid manually. To do so, you can go to your WordPress Dashboard->Affiliates->Manage Affiliates. Please proceed by clicking on the preferred affiliate. Then you can add a manual payment with the "Set Payment on account" option. Here's another screenshot for reference:

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Nastia

Hello Jason Bowers

Hope all is well!

The Affiliate plugin is integrated with Pro Sites, so if you are not required to have Membership 2 plugin, which protects the content of your site, then you do not need the plugin to be installed on your site. The Affiliate plugin with Pro Sites will work without Membership 2 plugin.

Hope this will help!

Have a good day and take care!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nahid

Hey Jason Bowers !
    Hope you are doing well today!

I believe there has been a misunderstanding here and I'm extremely sorry about that. I didn't realize you were using Pro Sites and thought you were intending to integrate the Affiliates plugin with Membership 2 Pro, which is why I described the procedure for integrating it with the Membership 2 Pro plugin.

Pro Sites and Membership 2 Pro are two different plugins, both of them have their own integration options with Affiliates and you do not have to use Membership 2 specifically for use with Affiliates as you can still access all the same features using Pro Sites with Affiliates.

So, please refer to my first response, every answer should still apply correctly to your queries but there would be a slight change in the procedure. In the first step, instead of activating the "Membership2" add-on, activate the "Pro-sites" from your Network Admin Dashboard->Affiliates->Add-ons. Here's a screenshot for reference:

After activating the add-on, please go to your Network Admin Dashboard->Pro Sites->Settings->Affiliate Settings. Here, you'll be able to set the percentage of reward that your affiliates will receive. Here's another screenshot for reference:

The other instructions will should still be the same, please proceed along with them.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.