Affiliates and Pro Sites - Affiliates get comission before payment is made

Hello,

Recently experienced a problem when using affiliates plugin with Pro Sites. Observed that the affiliate gets the commission when the user brought by him puts his or her payment information on file (even though he could still be on free trial). The problem here is that if the customer cancels before trial is over, the customer gets charged nothing, though affiliate gets commission. Is there any way to fix that problem?

Also is there any way to set up recurring payments (i.e. have an affiliate get a certain percentage of revenue generated by her customers for a prolonged period of time?

• Rupok

Hi sean,

Thanks a lot for asking. This is really an important point. I'm sorry but I'm not exactly sure if this is expected behavior or if this is a bug. Theoretically this is expected behavior because the moment a user provides his payment data, that means he signed up on your site. And that's why Affiliate counts that as a signup and pays commission to the affiliate. Let me explain. What if a user pays, your affiliate gets his commission and then your user disputes the payment and charges back? Your affiliate has already got his commission. So these situations are complex. In general, when your users have provided their payment info, that resembles that he/she has signed up. Still, to confirm the issue, I'm pinging our developer regarding this as he can give us best idea. I'll update you as soon as I get something from him.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback.

And regarding your recurring payment, do you want that your affiliates will get paid for every time your users renew their subscription? If yes, then it's possible with Affiliates plugin. To enable that, please add the following line in your "wp-config.php" file at the root directory of your site:
    define('AFFILIATE_PAYONCE', 'no');
    With that added, affiliates will be paid for every single payment made by the referred user.

You will get full usage guide of the Affiliates plugin here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-mu-affiliate/#product-usage

Please let us know if you have any other query. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.