Affiliates Layout & Link

So it's not so easy to get users started as affiliates. The user must first enable it (ya that is fine) but its kind of hidden. The area where you edit yor affiliate status and find your link is in the dashboard but you must click "edit" to see it. The edit button is small and in the top right corner far away from the info (especially on a high res or widescreen monitor). Also the term "edit" is not very straight forward.

So here are my questions.

1. Can you make the edit link appear somewhere else by hacking the code and/or change the edit button name?

2. Can you re-theme the affiliates dashboard easily?

3. Is there a way to enable affiliates by default?

• Barry

So here are my questions.

1. Can you make the edit link appear somewhere else by hacking the code and/or change the edit button name?

2. Can you re-theme the affiliates dashboard easily?

Yes :slight_smile: Though at the moment, not easily. For the front end the code is in the affiliateincludes/classes/affiliateshortcode.php, for the admin area in affiliateadmin.php

Styling the CSS is easier for the shortcode version - it's in styles/shortcode.css

3. Is there a way to enable affiliates by default?

Yes, you could hook into the user creation code and add a usermeta value, but you'd be unable to pay out to them as you wouldn't have their paypal email addresses.

• _981

Thanks for that information.

Also, I am editing the theme to change "Paypal Email" to "Contact Email" I will also be paying affiliates manually, so PayPal is not actually what I'll be using.

Not sure exactly how I will go about that yet.. I may use their default email in their user account if I can't figure something out there.

So far, my site guests and affiliates will be local to my home city, so I'm not yet dealing with a global audience. I'd have to grow and hire people to service other cities. So manual payment is easy (in cash or check).

I was wondering if you could also look at a related Affiliate discussion I created which bleeds into this problem slightly.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/manual-payment-wont-credit-affiliate

Thanks Barry!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.