Affiliates mark as paid

When marking an affiliate as paid does the individual transactions in the DB get marked as well? Is there a reference of some sort? If so can you point me in the right direction in the mapping? The reason I ask is we are trying to wrap our head around accounting and so far if there is a discrepancy there is no way to look up on an individual transaction basis. It would be helpful if this data was available to admins and also affiliates. As well as be able to show on an individual transaction basis if there was a charge back or any other issues. If the data is in the database I will have a local dev here create the reporting needed, I just need to know if it is in fact there.

Thank you

• Tom Eagles

@ronsmart

Hi Ron, the transactions are marked as paid in the affiliates program, however the info regarding transaction id's etc cancellations are held in the plugins table (as in membership etc) and in paypal. We have a similar system in ours and its quite a complex backend. I will ping @Barry the developer on this to see how chargebacks etc are managed within the plugin but as far as i know they will need manual adjustment including a negative balance being added to the affiliates account.

Kindest regards

Tom

• aristath

Hello ronsmart, I hope you are well today!

I don't have a pre-populated database with Affiliates data, however by examinig the database I can see the following tables:

wp_affiliatedata
    Contains the following columns:
    user_id
    period
    uniques
    signups
    completes
    debits
    credits
    payments
    lastupdated

wp_affiliaterecords
    user_id
    period
    affiliatearea
    area_id
    affiliatenote
    amount

wp_affiliatereferrers
    user_id
    period
    url
    referred

So I would say that all the data you require is present in those tables!

I am marking this issue as resolved. If however you feel that you require more information please feel free to reopen it.

Cheers,
    Aristeides.

• ronsmart

Thank you Tom & Aristaton. My main concerns are showing detail on a per transaction basis, clarifying data mapping in the DB and making sure there is a time stamp and affiliate reference per transaction along with marking the affiliate as paid on a per transaction basis not manually but a reference to it.

From what I can see in the "PREFIX_usermeta => meta_key is where we have the "affiliate_referred_by" reference, I'm trying to wrap my head around how this ties in to the transaction which I assume "PREFIX_m_membership_relationships" is involved here but need clarification.

Is it possible to get a full map/wireframe of the process and or a better explanation?

There is one more thing we are trying to accomplish and that is prior to payouts is a mandatory W9 upload and affiliate payment information Example: Name Address Phone Tax ID and W9 for Taxes before we actually do any payouts. So we need to add a field to the "Affiliate Reports" so we can manually approve an affiliate with human verification that they in fact filled out their W9 forms and they match their payment information when they paid for the sub. It would be a 1 or 0 and field in the DB then we would be able to filter the "Affiliate Reports" with a drop down prior to selecting all for export of paypal masspay file.

We are thinking about creating a separate plugin completely to keep track of this information and to allow updates with your plugin with out disrupting our whole system. We have no problem doing so but having this capability in your plugin for more detailed reporting, payment control and payee verification would be quite the addition to your plugin. The information is there from my understanding it just needs to be outputted and the extra fields need to be added. My question is, is it a possibility to get this done within the plugin by you guys. If so what kind of timeframe? If not no problem but I need to get on top of this ASAP and build it myself.

Also a couple weeks ago I added the select all function to the "Affiliate Reports" in your plugin. Did Barry add this functionality to affiliates plugin?

Thank you guys!!

• aristath

@ronsmart

From what I can see in the "PREFIX_usermeta => meta_key is where we have the "affiliate_referred_by" reference

Yes, that is the case.

So we need to add a field to the "Affiliate Reports" so we can manually approve an affiliate with human verification that they in fact filled out their W9 forms and they match their payment information when they paid for the sub

I think that a more code-friendly solution would be to add a meta key in the users using something like this plugin:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/user-meta-manager/

You would then write a custom plugin that would use the meta key value as a variable in its query.

My question is, is it a possibility to get this done within the plugin by you guys.

Currently there are no plans to implement such a feature.

Also a couple weeks ago I added the select all function to the "Affiliate Reports" in your plugin. Did Barry add this functionality to affiliates plugin?

Could you post a link to that thread? I couldn't find it...