Affiliates + Membership plugin: sales registration is wrong

I'm installing the affiliates plugin. I've set up a membership site using the membership plugin. I have set up 3 membership levels: free trial, 1 month mms and 1 year mms.

When I create a new account through a generated affiliate link, the number of unique clicks, signups and referred paid members is updated correcty, but no credits are added. When I check the affiliate system administration, it apears that all referred members are registered for the free plan (I tried signing up for a free mms first and upgrading later, as well as upgrading instantly, without creating a free account first).

What could be causing this?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Mike,

Thanks for your question!

So, just to be clear, even when a member tries registering for a paid plan through an affiliate link, they are still given just a free plan?

Sorry, I may me misunderstanding the question here.

It is worth noting that as affiliates works with cookies, sometimes it sees the cookie and then ignores from then on. However, it seems like you are not having any issues registering clicks, sign ups?

Try using a different browser or a chrome incognito window to be sure it isn't anything to do with the cookies.

If you have any further information on this please post it :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Mike
    • Flash Drive

Same thing happens in IE and chrome. The debugger bar at the bottom says the affiliate cookie is registered. On the Affiliates Reports page, the unique clicks, signups and paid members column is updated, but the credits, debits, payments and balans columns don't change - they keep saying 0.00...

The membership level of the referred member is updated, so when they subscribe for a paid plan, they get the paid plan. It's just the affiliate reward that isn't sent through..

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Mike,

Apologies for the late reply on this one! Hope you are doing well today.

It sounds like it's registering everything that it would need to for the commission to be registered. What do you have the affiliate payout value set at on your subscription plans?

Also, do you mind taking away the support access then re-granting it. Seems to be invalid at the moment. It could also be if you have a coming soon page or landing page plugin active.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Mike
    • Flash Drive

sorry for the delay, but I've been out on a weekend trip.

Before I go on with the problem I addressed above, I bumped into an other problem.

I've updated the plugin (to 3.1.6) by downloading it in my membership area and uploading it through FTP. Then I activated the plugin again, and some things are missing:

The addons list, for example is empty.

And in my membership subscription plans, there's no way to set the affiliate payout value.

These features used to be there before I updated the plugin, I don't know why they are gone now...

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Mike,

Hope you are doing well!

The addons list, for example is empty.

That was a bit of a bug that happened in that update, sorry for the inconvenience there! It has now been fixed in 3.1.6.2. There has also been another small bug fix in the latest 3.1.6.3 version. Once you update to the latest version you should be good to go!

Let me know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Mike
    • Flash Drive

Okay, that worked to get the addons list back, and I'm able to set the affiliates commissions again.

So I'm back to my initial problem:

When I sign up for a membership through an affiliate link, the clicks and signups are registered, but there is no amount for payout in the affiliates report list.

Screenshot:
    http://marketinggraphicsgenerator.com/problem/affiliates/reports.jpg

There should be a registration of 2 x $4.50 in affiliate commissions for the bottom account.

Also, there's something weird when I click 'Manage affiliates'

Screenshot 2:
    http://marketinggraphicsgenerator.com/problem/affiliates/reports2.jpg

The marked signups are the paid signups. First I used a referral link to sign up for the free trial account, and upgraded afterwards.

Then (at the top of the report) I simply signed up for a paid account instantly (without registering for the free trial first).

Both registrations have 'paid' next to the free trial membership.

(Also, when I click the hyperlinked user ID, I get a WP error: invalid user ID)

I'm getting pretty frustrated, since I've been trying to get it to work for days now.

Can you please help me out?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Mike,

It appears the support access is not working. Likely conflicting with a plugin. Would you mind sending your credentials privately through the contact form?

Select "I have a different question"

Send in:

- Mark subject to my attention: ATTN: Tyler Postle
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include login url
    - username
    - password

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Then we will be able to take a closer look at the settings you have going on :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Mike,

Thanks for your patience and also for sending in that info!

Are you still having this issue? Can you deactivate all plugins except affiliates and membership to make sure it isn't a plugin conflict. Also, make sure you use a different browser when testing :slight_smile:

Another thing, is there a reason you haven't updated to the latest version of Membership? Quite a few changes have been made since the version you are currently on. If at all possible I would definitely update that.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you still need further assistance. Happy to help.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Mike
    • Flash Drive

Hi Tyler

I deactivated all plugins and tried again, both in firefox and IE.
    Same thing happens: unique clicks, signups, paid members is updated, credits, debets, payments and balance remains at 0...

When I check the recurring payment details in Paypal, I see that the first, initial payment amount is set to 0. I don't know if this could have anything to do with the problem I'm having...

http://marketinggraphicsgenerator.com/problem/paypal.jpg

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Mike,

Thanks a ton for your patience on this! I'm looking more into this and it seems all your settings are correct, like you've mentioned above. Can you try giving an affiliate commission to the free level and see if it registers when you sign up through a link to the free account? That way we'll know whether it is PayPal or not that is causing the issue since Paypal won't be involved in that situation.

Let us know how that works out :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Mike
    • Flash Drive

I've set the affiliate commissions for the free membership to $1, but the same thing happens: the columns 'clicks', 'signups' and paid members' are updated (the column 'paid members' says '1', although it was a signup for the free membership), the other columns remain at 0...

• Tyler Postle
      • CGO

Hey Mike,

Apologies for the delay on this one, thanks again for your patience!

It is very odd that nothing as worked so far. I will call in SLS to get their valuable input on this. We should hear from them soon and hopefully get to the bottom of this issue :slight_smile:

In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
      Tyler

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hi there @Mike,

Hope you are doing great today!

I was struggling for a while around this issue in my local installation. I wasn;t able to reproduce it though.

Just logged into your site and noticed that your Membership plugin is outdated.

Can you please update it to the last release and try again?

I'll be waiting for your feedback.

Cheers!
    JJ

• Mike
    • Flash Drive

I've updated the membership plugin and now it seems like the problem has been fixed :slight_smile:
    The 'credits' and 'balance' columns are updated.

I detected another problem, however:

when I click 'export payments', the downloaded txt file is empty.
    when I click 'pay balance' the 'payments' column is set to -0.50 (=the commission), the 'balance' column is set back to 0, but when I check my paypal account, no payment has been sent...

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hi again @Mike,

After a while trying to reproduce the issue on my end, I noticed that everything is working just fine in your site. :slight_smile:

For the mass pay export, you just need to mark the checkbox next to the users for which you are willing to generate the payment. See attached image.

Regarding the 'pay balance' button, that's the expected behavior. I know the label text is confusing. It is only aimed to mark the payments and update the balance.

So, the flow would be something like this:
    - Select the report month.
    - Generate/Export the masspay.txt file.
    - Make the payments (this is something that you should do in your payment company, the masspay file is a way to accelerate the process, but you can do it entirely by hand).
    - Press 'pay balance' for the users that you actually paid.

Let me know if it is clear. I'm here to help you if you have further questions.

Cheers!
    JJ

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.