[Affiliates] Modify affiliates plugin to reflect 14 free trial

I have a 14 day free trial for my membership site. When a member uses their affiliate link to refer a new member, it shows immediate credit to their account although I don't actually collect money for 14 days.

Is there a way to fix this?

• Ari
    • Recruit

Hey Aaron

Hope you had a great day!

=== If I not wrong! The issue is: ===

When anyone subscribe to a trial membership by an affiliate link, affiliate user gets immediate credit, though subscribed member doesn't pay anything!

=== But you want: ===

You want the affiliate user to get credited in the end of the trial, after subscribed member make a payment!

=== If this is the case ===

I want to say: Fortunately our plugin works like that, I just tested, it doesn't add credit to any affiliate user unless a payment made by the referred member.

It seems like the issue is specific to your site, so for further testing, can you please:

1: Send me your site login credentials and FTP credentials?
    2: Am I allowed to do plugin and theme conflict test in your site? if not, can you please create a staging site in same server with same configuration, where this issue is persist?
    3: If you choose staging site, then send me staging site login and FTP details instead of main site.

=== How to create a staging site, in case if you need ===

Usually there are 3 options:

1) You can do that with hosting, if your hosting provide this feature.
    2) You can use tools like Snapshot Managed Backups (or Duplicator premium, All-in-One WP Migration with their pro multisite extension if you use multisite)
    3) You also can do that manually - here is a guidance to do so: http://www.wpexplorer.com/migrating-wordpress-website/

=== How to send me the login credentials ===

Please send the details to our secure contact from: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    Using the below template:

Subject: "Attn: Ari"
    - WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel/Plesk credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference (it is: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/affiliates-modify-affiliates-plugin-to-reflect-14-free-trial)
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Have a great day!
    Warm Regards,
    Ari

• Aaron
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Ok creating Staging site, will send creds in about and hour.

Also, the plugin does not work exactly like this. I have been using it for over 6 months and it gives an affilate member immediate credit when a subscriber signs up for the 14 day trial.

May I ask, is it possible because I am using the Stripe payment gateway connection that it is triggering the immediate credit to the affiliate? Did you only test the Paypal payment gateway?

• Ari
    • Recruit

Hey Aaron

I'm not sure if that relate to any Payment Method, since Affiliate plugin uses ms_invoice_paid hook to process the affiliate payment, and this hook get fired whenever any payment made by any payment gateway!

Also firing this event depends on payment status usually, like if the payment status is paid or success!

So, it's hard to say why this is happening in your site!

By the way, I tested Stripe Subscription Gateway which worked fine in my test.

Regards,
    Ari

• Ari
    • Recruit

Hey Aaron

Hope you are fine today!

I thought it's about our Membership 2 plugin where I couldn't replicate the issue, but after checking your site, I found this issue is about our Pro Sites plugin where I replicated the issue! It's better if you can mention the plugin name too in your ticket, so we can solve the issue quickly :slight_smile:

I made a quick fix for this issue by changing one of our plugin's file and forwarded to our plugin's developers so they have a review for future release!

Please replace this file: plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-stripe.php with the attached one, make sure you unzipped the attached file first!

Regards,
    Ari

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Aaron,

The fix was slated in Pro Sites plugin, and I'm afraid it seems like it hasn't made into the latest update of Pro Sites plugin yet, as we had other critical priority fixes which had to be released soon.

I'm pinging our developers attention regarding this, so that this would be looked upon in the next release asap.

I do understand this would affect your sites workflow, and I'm afraid, at the moment until this is fixed in the next release, you'll have to manually apply the patch as mentioned in the previous reply. Sorry for any inconvenience due to this.

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.