Affiliates multisite store marketpress Questions..

ok - trying to integrate by think its not setup the way we anticipated.

Multisite - Marketpress.
Global store = holds no products of its own.. (but we want to give affiliate rewards for sending new store owners..)

Each SUBstore - being stores that have only marketpress products - (we want to give them all the ability to give affiliate rewards to their customers for sending folks to purchase from them)

Trying to test this and it seems it is not setup for this - can someone advise..

(we have no membership prosites or need for.. ) only marketpress..

PC

Hey there,

Thanks for your post.

Multisite - Marketpress.
    Global store = holds no products of its own.. (but we want to give affiliate rewards for sending new store owners..)

That is only possible if you use Pro Sites to mark paid signups. Then only you can give rewards for sending new store owners as Prosites keeps a track of Pro Sales on your network.

Each SUBstore - being stores that have only marketpress products - (we want to give them all the ability to give affiliate rewards to their customers for sending folks to purchase from them)

If you want each Sub Store to have their own Affiliate Network, you should not network activate Affiliates plugin but let the subsites activate it site by site basis so that they can have their own custom Affiliate links and keep a track of referrals.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

be

Where is the documentation to know heirachy and what needs to be active where..?

Multisite - Marketpress.

Network activated so each subscriber or whatever role - does it matter? can gain reward from global site??

Not network activated - how do subscribers get the affiliate link??
    Where do they see how many folks have signed up?

Paul

@be,

When asking your questions you really nee to let us know how you have Affiliates (an the other plugins configured). Affiliates for one works afferently between Network activation an local activations.

Shows clicks but no signups for prosites..

Two important points here.

First, signups ONLY register when they are marked as paid. This is much like MarketPress ores. When the order is initially receive the Affiliate payment information is not yet recored. When the order is marked as 'paid' in MarketPress the affiliate payment information is recorded.

Second, in order to track Prosite signups the Affiliate plugin MUST be network activated. The reason for this is somewhat obvious. Assume you signup for a new site http:///site1.mysites.com When you register WordPress will send out the activation link as http:///site1.mysites.com/wp-activate.php?key=xxxxxxxx Since Affiliate is not network aware of the signup and not active on the new site since it is not yet activated it can't capture the signup trigger. Follow? Sort of the chicken or the egg scenario.

Not network activated - how do subscribers get the affiliate link??

If Affiliate os activated at the local site level there should still be the Affiliate Referrals section showing under their Users menu. This is an extension of their profile in that they own it. There they control acceptance of entering into the Affiliate referrals program for the site. And yes technically if a user has access to multiple sites within the network where affiliate is locally activated they can signup for each sites' affiliate program. And each site would provide affiliate referral links with the 'ref' parameter set local to that site.

Where do they see how many folks have signed up?

This is the Affiliates > Manage Affiliates menu. Although I know this is broken when viewing on the Network section. As it only shows used for the primary site. I have a change I'm working on that lets you show all users from all sites or filter by site. When Affiliate of locally activated it shows just users within that site.

Is there a $ limit,. ie testing with .10cents

No, Although it only supports money to 2 decimal places. This was from the previous developer. I would prefer to have 4 decimal places to capture things like percentages. Then round up to 2 decimal places for the final transactions before payment. This way when you setup something like '0.01' percent affiliate revenue on MarketPress orders the money is a little easier to see. There is no upward limit on money.

Let me know if I missed any of your questions.

I know this is somewhat confusing. I've been working on updating the plugin code and have uncovered some issues which should be fixed in an upcoming release. Once important thing I'm adding is a transaction log. So instead of just seeing the numbers for unique clicks, Signups, etc you will be able to see the individual records to support those numbers. So for 'Paid Members' which included MarketPress paid orders you will be able to see the reference and even a link to click to access the order. In addition on the MarketPress order detail screen you will see a section showing the affiliate who was referenced and what payment they received.

be

@Paul
    thanks - forum gets mightily overcrowded sometimes.

When asking your questions you really nee to let us know how you have Affiliates (an the other plugins configured). Affiliates for one works afferently between Network activation an local activations.

Its been my experience - staff ask to close and reopen tickets when they get long others complain when opening new tickets stick to old..

This is one of "those" tickets.
    We are trying to ascertain How - we need to set up Affiliates to get the end results as described.
    I have come to the conclusion (failing documentation or instructions) that Affiliate can only be one or the other..
    GLobal network activated - for pro site/membership. (global store has no products)
    Individual store activated for - marketpress products..

So we are trying to "makedo" by using on the global site and rewarding all users/owners for sending new members - ie users and store owners.

1 - IS there anything planned to integrate so it can work for a global store?

First, signups ONLY register when they are marked as paid

2 - As in we have to physically mark them - prosites does not filter through?
    WE tested using prosites - enabled site and approved for payment - made payment of new site - so please advise if this is what you are referring to

Since Affiliate is not network aware of the signup and not active on the new site since it is not yet activated it can't capture the signup trigger.

3 - So are you saying that new sites cannot be captured via affiliate links - or they are after they are activated?

Very confusing indeed..

be

So to avoid us using any more time if it simply does not work ...
    NETWORK active on Global site.
    Pro site addon Active.
    to allow
    ALL SUBSITES - to offer an affiliate link to get new PROsite signups..

From what I can see - as you say above Chicken, egg....
    How can this possibly work for prosite signups if it does not recognise the signup because its a new site..?

This site is 7 days over going live and they are very testy indeed..

Paul

1 - IS there anything planned to integrate so it can work for a global store?

I'm not sure I follow. If Affiliate is Network activated then wether MarketPress is activated at the network or at the individual site does not really matter. The purchase transactions are recorded to the network activated Affiliate. When you have Affiliate and MarketPress active on the individual site then transactions recorded by Affiliate are local. At the moment you cannot tier the affiliate transactions. Meaning. Capture at the site level and network. It is one of the other.

2 - As in we have to physically mark them - prosites does not filter through?

My example was more for a MarketPress order. It does physically need to be moved to the order status of paid. So if this is done manually of though some credit card automation within MarketPress it does not matter to Affiliate. My point being upon the initial receipt of the order (before money is given) the default order status in MarketPress is 'received'. At that point there is no Affiliate information yet.

3 - So are you saying that new sites cannot be captured via affiliate links - or they are after they are activated?

No what I was trying to provide information about was specific to a new site signup (Prosites) and that there is a hole in usage assumptions. Again, If Affiliate it not network activated then it must by activated at the local site level. So following that if this is a new site signup and it is being activated via the WP activation link there there is no way to activate Affiliate for that individual site prior to that activation step.

Now my turn to be confused. I'm not following what you are trying to assertion. Without specifics related to the plugins how are you trying to use your system?

be

Hi @Paul.. as above

It is not actually setup for a global STORE situation.. (using CHAINED PAYMENTS)
    ie: etsy style... Wherein the global site want to have affiliates for new signups (stores).
    And allow each store the ability to give affiliate rewards for their own store purchases..
    or alternately collecting and paying for affiliate rewards of purchases from the substores..

Global STORES as opposed to Global BLOGS is not lots of separate operations...

be

Ok ideally in a global STORE scenario..
    yes..
    The Global store is like the building...
    and the subsites are the store operators in that building..
    Ideally - each promoting their own needs..
    Building - wants more operators
    Operators want more buyers..

There are no BLOGS in this scenario - every new signup is a Store owner that sells marketpress products..

So - We and there are a few of us here...
    thought MULTISITE _ MARKETPRESS _ AFFILIATES.. would do it.
    Add to this mix (non global payment process of CHAINED PAYMENTS) meaning there is NO global shopping cart to work from

but apparently not as it stands..

So we were told to use Prosites to capture "Operators.."
    because we cannot promote both as it is now..

EITHER network activate and promote PROSITES..
    Or single per site/s activate and each store promote marketpress product sales..

The GLOBAL site does not have products of its own..so can only promote affiliate links for new stores..

We wanted both..or alternately to capture all product sales and reward for all sales produced from the global site.
    but to get going, will settle for network activate for PROSITES at the moment...

However we cannot get it to capture new purchased signups of Prosite with the above configuration..

NETWORK ACTIVATED./
    PROSITE ADDON ACTIVE>
    SUBSITE > AFFLINK USED>
    SUBSITE > APPROVED for PAYMENT

results in no PROsite paid members or whatever they are referred to as.. being recorded only the clicks on those links..

be

NETWORK ACTIVATED./
    PROSITE ADDON ACTIVE>
    SUBSITE > AFFLINK USED>
    SUBSITE > APPROVED for PAYMENT

results in no PROsite paid members or whatever they are referred to as.. being recorded only the clicks on those links..

Seem not to be able to get the need for an answer here..
    We have to go live with this site..

From your answers above it seems to say that PROsites cannot gain affiliate tracking for NEW sites (so what does it track for prosites?
    Is it only the "NEXT" payment due??

@Paul
    anyone that understands the affiliate system working with prosites..

Paul

@Be,

From your answers above it seems to say that PROsites cannot gain affiliate tracking for NEW sites (so what does it track for prosites?

No. I did not say that. What I said was in order to track the Prosite signups the Affiliate plugin MUST be network enabled.

I'm not sure why you are not seeing the signups. The Affiliate plugin is very very testy with cookies. So when you are testing the signup you need to make sure all prior cookies are cleared. I always test with a different browser.

Also, enable the debugging Affiliate add-on helps to see what is going on.

be

ok - has been network activated the whole time..
    But could be cookies however it has not tracked any of them even the initial one..//
    Will try again..
    and one more.. Is it possible it counts clicks as double..
    ie: test 1 click showed as 2 clicks..

Thanks for all your time,
    Just gets a bit testy when they get so testy and there seems no clear answers - we are at this point over 8 weeks of asking.. re wpmu setups.. anyhow..

Is there a "required" settings example anywhere..?

Paul

@be,

Is it possible it counts clicks as double..ie: test 1 click showed as 2 clicks..

Anything is possible. But technically in the code the click is logged once. However you can force it to be counted again it you go back to the link on the remote site. Which brings up an important question. What is your testing setup?

For example on my own test environment I have two different WP installed. One in Multisite running Affiliate, Prosites, The other is non-Multisite where I have a simple page containing the affiliate link when clicked will bring me over to the Multisite where it logs the click.

The important key at least for testing is to enable the debugging. That seems to help members understand how the plugins is tracking or not tracking the incoming clicks. You would not believe the different scenarios we see how users are trying to use the affiliate link on the same site where the affiliate plugin is installed. Or also trying to click the link while already logged into the WP site where affiliate is setup. This is designed to prevent fake clicks.

Just gets a bit testy when they get so testy and there seems no clear answers - we are at this point over 8 weeks of asking.. re wpmu setups.. anyhow..

Apologies that it has taken 8 weeks.

Is there a "required" settings example anywhere..?

Not that I'm aware. I just recently took support of the plugin over from the previous developer who left the company. It is a somewhat old plugin and not very well documented. But I've been working on some key changes for the last week I hope to have out soon. Eventually the documentation at least on the plugin project page will get an update.

be

Hey @Paul
    thanks for the followup and glad someone that is listening has taken over the dev of this plugin..

Would be really great and muchly appreciated by those of us wanting "etsy style" stores .. if you would find a way to deal with that also..

Testing yes understand what you are saying..
    Multi admin - totally different environment as test etc..

oky dokey - another site going live at the moment.
    Back to this one which is late hopefully in the next few hours..

many thanks.. Bea..

Paul

@be,

Would be really great and muchly appreciated by those of us wanting "etsy style" stores .. if you would find a way to deal with that also..

Yep, this is being discussed heavily our internal group. We know there is a big gap in what the plugin will handle. We basically want to setup a MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) so you at the Network level can enable the affiliate plugin. Then each Prosite signup can have their own affiliate program. Plus you can setup percentages as the system own that you will take from the sub-sites.

We will also be doing things like creating a finer grain settings on money. Being able to setup percentages and flat amounts based on different Prosite and Membership levels. etc. It is coming. Though not fast enough.