Affiliates Plugin Features we need to be able to give our members a referral code

Can the Affiliate Plugin give us the ability to give members an assigned referral code and then limit the number of referrals they can refer with it?

• faydra_deon

I use the Affiliates plugin on one of my sites, and I don't see where you can do either of things you mention above, but I could be wrong because I don't use it in conjunction with any of the other WPMU DEV plugins.

Subscribers who want to become affiliates enter in their own information and their link is auto-generated by the plugin. They use that link to refer traffic to my site.

I don't see where you can automatically cut them off either, but like I said before, I'm not using the plugin in conjunction with other WPMU DEV plugins. I only use it to track when affiliates get people to visit my site through their affiliate link.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @richi, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, this isn't something that our Affiliates plugin can do at present. Users on the site get an affiliate link assigned to them when they decide to become one, but there's no referral code generated.

I've moved this thread to the Features and Feedback section, so that this can be considered for a future version of the plugin.

I should note though, that as we're presently focusing on new releases, it's going to take a fair amount of votes from the community for this to be considered.

If you're wanting this sooner, I'd recommend posting a job for this in our Jobs Board: