affiliates plugin not creating tables

Today I'm in the process of adding the affiliates plugin to a site. Once installed I found the page on this site that shows "usage" and there I found the shortcodes needed to make it work. To begin I added all the shortcodes to one page to start seeing where things lay out and what I wanted to do next. That's where I noticed the error message that a couple tables didn't exist. I didn't believe it so I tried a couple things like removing some of the shortcodes leaving only those that were causing errors, disabling other plugins (which didn't make sense given the error but, ehh.. I'll try anything once). Then I finally went digging into the DB and found the tables truly didn't get created. So I deactivated and uninstalled. Then re-installed. Checked DB still only has 1 new table. The ones that were throwing the error still are missing. So I did a find in the plugin folder and found where it's supposed to be creating the table in "includes/classes/affiliateadmin.php" I couldn't see anything wrong so at this point I could create the table manually if need be but I would think it should be creating them. Any ideas?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @cwinders,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question, it's possible this is conflicting with another plugin and isn't creating the tables though it shouldn't be.

Can you deactivate and delete the plugin, then delete the current table(s) for it in your database, and then re-install, it should create them.

If it still doesn't create them, creating them manually is also fine, though it should indeed create them upon install.

If you'd like me to create the tables for you, let me know :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• cwinders

Thanks for getting back to me Jack, I came back with fresh eyes this morning and and after reading what you had wrote I did the following:

Ok this morning I deactivated everything, deleted affiliates and re-installed. Looked at the page and I see no errors displayed (img1). So re-activating them one by one, I found the plugin causing the error to appear (img2). Although looking at the console the function error is still there even with that plugin deactivated. Checking the DB the tables it's asking for are still not there. So I'm a bit at a loss with this. A different plugin is causing the error to show but the error remains in the console even when not displayed on the page. The page error says the tables don't exist, and they don't (img3). So why wouldn't the table error show when the lightbox contact form is not active? Then why would the console be throwing the function error regardless if any other plugins are active or not? (img4)

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @cwinders,

Hope you're well today, thanks for the additional information.

That's quite strange, would it be possible to get a affiliate account to login and take a look at this page? If you could send me an account to contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing

If you need an email to create the account, you can use jack(at)incsub.com

Would it also be possible to send me some FTP please?

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.