Affiliates UI Feedback

This is general UI feedback that, perhaps, the WPMUDEV team is interested in...

The affiliate plugin's UI seems unintuitive to me. I installed and activated it for the first time a few minutes ago.

First, the placement of the "Affiliates" link in the dashboard underneath the "Users" menu doesn't make sense to me. It would make more sense if there was an "Affiliates" dashboard menu item on the same level as "Posts" and "Pages" or at the very least, it should be underneath "Settings".

Second, for prospective affiliates, I imaging the items they are most interested in is:
1) Where do I enter my Paypal email address?
2) Where is my affiliate link?

The menu to enter this via the shortcode is slick, but it took me a while to find it. This information should be more out in the open and, possibly, under the aforementioned "Affiliates" menu item.

I like what you have done with the admin menu of the Pro Sites plugin, and it would be nice if the Affiliates plugin followed a similar model.

That's my 2 cents. :slight_smile:

• Mason

HIya @themigh@themightymo,

Thanks, sincerely, for your feedback here. We really do read it and appreciate the thought you've put into your response.

The Affiliates plugin is available to all user roles by default which is why it was included under dashboards rather than beside something like 'posts'. However, I can see why it would be easily over-looked.

I'll talk to the dev team about this plugin and what could be done to bring the most important areas to the immediate attention of new users.

Thanks again!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.