Affiliates: Where to install on multisite

I have a multisite getting close to where we'll start promoting it. The parent site is here:
changeyourlifewiththelaws.com

The Coursepress site being sold is located here:
course.changeyourlifewiththelaws.com

Currently, most visitors will hit the primary site first. Then they head to the course subsite to complete purchase and get access to the course.

We want to track affiliate sales. Should Affiliates plugin be installed on the primary site, network activated, and the plugin will then accurately track affiliate activity across both sites? Or will Affiliates only properly track across one single domain?

Lastly, does Affiliates require integration with Marketpress in order to properly track transactions? For a simple, single product type site, we don't usually set up a shopping cart, but if Affiliates requires it, we can do that. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Any insight is much appreciated.

• Nastia

Hello Christian

I hope you are doing well today!

As I see you wish to track affiliate sales, right? The Affiliate plugin, is not integrated directly with the CoursePress, so to track sales you will need to activate the MarketPress plugin.

If you are selling your courses on the subsite, then you can activate the plugin on a subsite. If you decide to sell courses on your main site, then you can network enable the Affiliate plugin.

You can enable the MarketPress integration in Affiliates > Add-ons > Acivate MarketPress

Please note, that affiliate compatibility is not included in Marketpress 3, so you will have to use the MarketPress version 2.9.6.2

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Christian

Thank you Nastia. Does this mean that Affiliate tracking will no longer be supported in Marketpress? I don't want to start using an affiliate tracking plugin that's no longer supported, and I typically consider it a priority to run the latest version of plugins to keep everything secure. Should I just use a different affiliate solution? Or maybe the most recent update of Marketpress will soon support affiliates again?

• Sajid

Hi Christian,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Nastia said, it is not compatible with MarketPress 3. However, we are working on the improvements of MarketPress plugin including the compatibility of this add-on also that will be release soon. But unfortunately I am unable to provide firm ETA of when exactly it will be fix and release to avoid disappointment due to technical reasons. You will get updates notification right in your WPMU DEV Dashboard.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.