Affiliates with Buddypress application questions

1. I'm developing an event site with Buddypress. We would like to encourage registrations by providing rebates to registered attendees for any new registrations they refer. For example, a ticket may cost $100 but we would be willing to rebate $10 for every new registration, in other words, if a registrant brought in 10 registered attendees, they would get a rebate for full registration. Is this something I can do with affiliates?
2. We would need automatic affiliate activation upon sign-up.
3. Also, since this is not ongoing, our users would not have paypal accounts. Our idea is to just credit back their rebate earnings after the event to their original credit/paypal account.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

1. Yep, affiliate tracks user registrations so if you only allow attendees to register that would allow you to do that easily.

2. Yep, every registered member would automatically get an affiliate link.

3. Sure, you can do that. Affiliate doesn't actually do payments, so you'd have to do that bit manually anyway.

Thanks,
    Phil

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings antKat :slight_smile:

after reading through this ticket twice it dawned on me that you are asking how to see affiliates of users that are affiliates?

Because if that is what you are asking, the Affiliates Plugin is not a multi tier, therefore affiliates of users that are affiliates cannot be seen.

You can only see the first tier of the main network.

Joe :slight_smile:

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Thanks for taking a stab at this aecnu,
    Actually, the original question was more like being able to track sales originating from other members. However, what I want to do now is being able to track a registration associated from an email invite of a member. We have a buddypress with cubepoints; we are giving members points for various actions. I can track email invites via invite plugin however, we would like to give extra points if the recipient of the email links to site and registers. I need to pass the affiliate_id with the invite email link. How do I access the affiliate_id of registered users that can be passed with the email?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings antKat :slight_smile:

Great question that I do not have the answer to - However, lets see if we can find out :slight_smile:

I shall ask the developer if he has any input on this to help get your mission accomplished though if it is requiring detailed coding it would certainly be considered custom developing.

but lets see :slight_smile:

Joe :slight_smile:

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Thanks. According to Phil, in the first response, the affiliate program generates an id for each user to our site - I just want to get the number. I have a programmer that is adding it to the email invite; they just asked me where the id is so that they can call and pass it.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.