AffiliatesWP's menu tab is not working with Support System's support page

I am using "AffiliatesWP" on my site and I also have the "AffiliateWP - Affiliate Area Tabs" installed to create custom menu tabs in the affiliates area and for some reason the Support page of Support System plugin is not loading any content when I create a custom for that page.
I checked it and the Ticket Submit page is working fine, but the Support page is not loading any content at all, not sure why.

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Jeremy!

I hope you're well today and thank you for reaching out to us!

I spent some time trying to search for the reason this is happening, as in my opinion there's an issue that happens during loading of the tab's content - maybe it's related to translating the shortcode into HTML output. I wasn't able to pinpoint the exact place where this issue might happen, though. Editing both of the plugin's code on my local test site didn't result in getting any output.

I'll forward your case to our Second Line Support as they usually are very familiar with the code of our plugins and may be better able to locate where the issue happens. They will take a look at your case and will reply here with their findings.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Jeremy , sorry for the late reply.

Support System has it's own settings for the front-end and requires the pages that have to use one of it's shortcodes to be defined.

For example in it's settings under Front-End you have to select a Support page that has the shortcode in it.

Since you're using the shortcode on an 'extra' page we'll have to tell Support System to allow that page as well, to do so you can follow these easy steps:

Always make sure to keep a backup of your site before changing/adding custom code.

1] Navigate to your /wp-content/ directory and create a new one named mu-plugins if it doesn't exist.
    2] Inside the mu-plugins folder create a file named extra-support-pages.php
    3] Edit the file and copy / paste this code snippet inside.

<?php

add_filter( 'support_system_support_page_id', 'enable_extra_support_page');
    function enable_extra_support_page() {
    	if ( in_array( get_the_ID(), array( 10, 20 ), true ) ) {
    		return true;
    	}
    }

4] Save and close the file.
    5] The final path should look like /wp-content/mu-plugins/extra-support-pages.php

On the above code you have to edit the array( 10, 20 ) and change the numbers 10, 20 with the IDs that your pages are set. In my example 10 is the ID of the Support Page and 20 is the ID of the Affiliate Area page. This way both pages have 'access' to the shortcode.

Tell me if you need further help with this!

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.