"After" Ad Code - not showing whith UpFront

Hi there,

Just noticed that once switching to UpFront, the "After" Ad Code, which should be displayed after post and page content is not showing anymore.

Can you, please, help me fix that?

Thank you so much!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @Marius,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Can you tell me which child theme you are using, I just tested all three themes and After code was showing in each case?

Do you have any errors in your console?

Is your site live so we can check this out, can you provide us with a link to your page where the ad should be showing?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Mario
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Predrag,

Hope you're doing well as well. It's Saturday and we're both working, so I kinda know how well are we doing :slight_smile:
    I am migrating all the websites in the network to upFront. This issue is will all three themes. Take a look at this website: mickxerox
    No code after - Should a link to the main website.

But, as I mentioned before, same thing will all the other websites.

Just in case, I enabled the support access.

Thank you for all your time and support!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Marius,

Doing well thanks, it is weekend but it's to cold to go out anyways :slight_smile:

I just checked the sub site you mentioned in your comment and on the post page I can see the After code normally as you can see from the screenshot attached below.

Are you not able to see this, am I missing something?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Mario

Hi Predrag,

99% of my websites don't have/use a blog. They only want the basic 1-3 pages for their website. Those pages are now created with UpFront. And in none of those pages the code is showing. I am more interested to see the code working on the homepage, not even on the subpages.
    That's the main reason I specified that the code is not working with UpFront.

I've checked "After Post Content" and "After Page Content", but, since nobody's using the blog, I could just uncheck "After Post Content".

Thank you for all your support!

Best regards,
    Marius

• Mario

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong, but the code was showing before after the footer of each home page in the network.
    Now I'm not even sure is a problem with Pro Sites... could be something related to UpFront?...

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @Marius,

Thanks for the additional info, it helped me understand this better and after testing it on my side I was able to replicate the issue.
    Indeed it looks like problem with UpFront and not Pro Sites, I'm going to flag this bug for our developers to have a look at.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Mario

Sorry for getting back on this one, but any updates?
    I do realise it's not easy at all, and there's still a lot of work, and I'm happy to wait. I just want to know if the developers are, at least, taking this issue into consideration for now.

Thank you.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Marius,

Sorry for the delay on this, we are working on some other fixes for Pro Sites and this issue seems a bit more complicated and thus caused delay here.

Can you try using this fix in the meantime, download and unzip the attached file and place it in your wp-content/mu-plugins/ folder, if you don't have that folder then just create it.

Let me know if this worked for you.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Marius,

It's quite possible that this fix will no longer work as this is an old thread and since then there were number of updates to both Upfront and Pro Sites, including one major update in Pro Sites with version 3.5, so it's quite possible that the issue is no longer there with them being up to date.

Could you try updating Upfront and Pro Sites to latest version and remove the file I sent you to see if it works after that?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Mario

Hi Predrag,

No, it doesn't work. And I've tried on a fresh installation as well.
    It's just weird that I'm the only one having this issue. Funny enough, the ultimate branding feature to have a footer text is working. It's just pro sites not working.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Marius,

I went through all our messages once again and I just want to check up on something.

I have tested after page content and after post content ad option on my site and they are both showing, and it will only show on default page templates.
    There is no option to show ads in footer, nor there was in the previous version of the Pro Sites, this is the same behaviour for both Upfront and default WP theme.

Where exactly are you looking to show the advertising on your site?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Mario

Hi Predrag,

As mentioned in one of my previous messages, please take a look at this website. It's just an example, I can point you to many others, they're all with the same issue: mickxerox
    Sorry for calling it footer, I mean bottom of the page.
    Before "UpFront" I had "Powered by..." at the bottom of each page.
    That's all I actually want. To have the "Powered by..." or something else at the bottom of each free website.

The "After" Ad Code - is not working properly on any UpFront theme. Indeed, you can see the text after the content of the posts, but not at the bottom (call it after content) of the pages - starting with the home page.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Marius

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Marius,

I hope you're well today!

I took a look at the site in question and a screenshot and I think I'm following you on this one. However, I do not think what you wish to achieve would be "by default" possible with Pro Sites + Upfront combination at the moment.

Pro Sites give you only an option to display ads right "after content" (may it be post or page) and this "after content" place might differ a bit for various themes. In case of Upfront-based themes, this is more complex as the layout is actually build dynamically according to the configuration setup by user.

Although Pro Sites plugin uses core WP hooks to add ads before or after content, the layout may break this a bit. Having said that, I think so far the workaround you've found (using Ultimate Branding) would be the best solution here.

However, I'm passing this to the developer again here. Hopefully he'll be able to provide a quick fix here or will let us know if it's possible/planned to add more "ad placement" options in Pro Sites.

Please keep an eye on this thread!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.