After configuring a test environment using Mu

After configuring a test environment using Multi-DB I am able to create sub sites and the databases appear to create but when I click on view site I get an error .

“Error establishing a database connection “

When viewing the site details via the dashboard – wp-admin/network/site-info.php?id=18 I see the following notice

Domain

Notice: Undefined index: scheme in /var/www/wp-admin/network/site-info.php on line 129

Does this mean anything to you?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Scott,

Hope you’re well?

Have you correctly entered the DB credentials and ip address for each DB?

I’ve not seen that error before and I can’t find it using google either, so it’s new to me. Let me just ask the developer for some assistance with this for you.

Thanks

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hey Scott,

Both error messages have the same cause. The site can’t read the blog information from the DB.

This plugin is quite tricky to install I must admit.

Could you grant me access to your test environment? I’ll be glad to take a look and try to spot the misconfiguration.

Please send me the following information via contact form :

– In the subject field add “Attn: Jose”

– Link back to this thread

– Include WP admin/network access

– Include FTP or cPanel credentials.

On the contact form, select “I have a different question“, this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Cheers,

Jose

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey Scott

The password to the site you sent works. I however need access to your databases. Im pretty sure its a misconfiguration issue. I was able to reproduce the issue you described here in this ticket. Can you please check and resend that ?

Cheers

Jude

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hello again Scott,

Thanks for your patience on this issue. I was away for a few days.

Just took a look into your site and DBs.

The first huge issue that I found is that you haven’t created the databeses. In phpMyAdmin I can see only the global DB and a few other standar DBs.

I can’t see the 16 DBs that are configured in yout db-config.

Have you followed all the steps detailed in the usage section here?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jose

• Scott Mahan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

If you look at the DB config file that the directions refer to you will see that the databases are being created on two separate physical servers. The global DB is the only one supposed to be created on the server where wordpress is installed. Those same credentials for phpmyadmin in combination with the multi-db config file you could see the databases are in fact being created. You can ssh into our wordpress server and use ssh again to get to the two database servers.

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hi there Scott,

After a -very- long debugging session we found that the problem was caused by a nasty bug.

I pushed a patch into your install in the file db.php.

The lead developer is working on a fix that should be released in the short term.

Your config file was correct, there wasn’t need to change anything.

Please check if everything works as expected in your site now.

Cheers!

Jose

• Scott Mahan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello Jose

We have been able to build another development site using the new plugin and were successful… Thanks for the fix..

Now that it’s working we have an issue with one of our plugins. The plugin does not appear to be DB compatible. The audio comment function works and is passed to all sub-sites but the settings are locked and cannot be adjusted. The plugin developer suggests that the plugin can not write to the other data bases. Does this make sense? All my other plugins work fine…

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hi Scott,

Glad to hear from your again.

It would be great if you can create a new thread so that we can assist and follow-up properly.

As a first step, could you please include more details about what plugin are you referring to and which features are not working correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Jose

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.