After confirmation, would like to show their appointment info/date/time

Once the user confirms their appointment, I would like to show their appointment info/date/time, etc. There doesn't appear to be a shortcode for this. Unless I am missing something? Is there any way I can insert this info into a page?
I set the [app_confirmation] and it didn't work. Also from the description, it sounds like it shows the form for the user to fill out. It doesn't sound like it is an actual confirmation of what they already submitted.
I have it set up in the Settings to re-route to a page with that shortcode. It didn't re-route, so I can't see if it even does anything. You are welcome to check it out in the settings and in Pages.

• Sara

HI James,

Thank you for the reply!

This is not quite what I am after. When the user submits their appointment request, they get a "success" pop up, but no confirmation of their appointment. If I were a user and only got the generic success pop up, I would not be confident that my appointment request was submitted properly since there is also no email notification that goes out on submission (only confirmation by admin). On submission of their appointment request, I'd like to present a confirmation of their selected date/time. Is this possible? Even if I can pull in specific fields via shortcode, that would be helpful.

I have set up a stand alone page for the user to route to upon successful submission, but that is not routing. It still only shows the success message and the user never makes it to the new page I set up, even though it is set in the back end.

Regards,
    Sara

• James Morris

Hello Sara,

On submission of their appointment request, I'd like to present a confirmation of their selected date/time. Is this possible? Even if I can pull in specific fields via shortcode, that would be helpful.

This is actually what the shortcode I provided does. It will show any appointments for the currently logged in user, regardless of their status (paid, confirmed, or pending). However, this cannot be added to the confirmation modal without modifying the core files of the plugin.

However, using the redirect option in Appointments+ with the shortcode I provided should work. Please see the following screencast: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8ZgUxsRfLzvYmhWS19nNXByTVE

If this is not working as shown in the above screencast, please let us know so we can look into this further for you.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello Sara,

Unfortunately, without doing a lot of customization to the core plugin files, there's no way to display this to non-logged-in users. The plugin would have to be rewritten in such a way that all the data would be stored in a cookie, then that cookie would have to be retrieved and the data parsed and displayed on page if the user has the cookie set for an appointment. I'm afraid this goes well beyond a quick shortcode.

The simplest workaround would be to require registration to set an appointment. There are a number of benefits to this, however. For lead generation and follow-up marketing, having the users already in your database can significantly improve your marketing efforts. So, while this is a limitation of the plugin, by requiring registration, you could actually significantly improve customer retention.

However, if requiring registration is absolutely out of the question, then this could be accomplish, but again it would require a significant amount of custom coding that goes outside the scope of support. If you need this for your business model, may I suggest the Jobs & Pros board?

Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.