After install WP is consuming to much memory and load time

After install WP is consuming to much memory and load time, and sometimes there is no page displayed at all.

I already changed the options on the WP-CONFIG to allow 64MB and also on the PHP.INI file.

I have hosted the website in GoDaddy.

• aecnu

Greetings echaconm,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention.

Being a server and network administrator by profession I can assure you that 64MB is nothing to WordPress and on our servers it is set to 512MB's:
    http://wpmu-hosting.org/phpinfo.php

You can indeed search the forums and find that in most folks opinion Go Daddy is the worst possible hosting environment for WordPress due to there server configurations and separate/remote database server which slow things down considerably due to the round trip time to the remote database server and back.

In addition, are you really getting the memory you made in the setting?

You can find out by using the WP-Memory-Usage plugin

It is further my professional opinion that you want at least 128MB of php memory unless you are running a stripped down WordPress installation.

Please advise as to what the memory tests reveal from the plugin mentioned above.

Look forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• echaconm

Thank you very much for your answer Joe.

I've recently tried to setup a new server on the Amazon Cloud, without GoDaddy hosting. So the database is on the same server now.

But when I moved the website to the other server, the speed is the same (very very slow).

And I'm also receiving that message on the events plugin:
    Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/data/www/site.com/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-events-all_events_default.php on line 40

• aecnu

Greetings echaconm,

Thank you for the additional input and it appears that it is possible some kind of conflict is going on there and also the maximum execution time is a bit low depending on the application.

Do you have a lot of events or have you just started this portion of the development?

What is the URL to the site?

Lets see if we can narrow it down by going into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict there and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.