After installing and setting up the Pro Sites plugin as per the documentation, I'm left wonderi

I'm trying out the Pro Sites plugin to see what it can do. I've watched all the videos and installed and set it up from the detailed instructions at https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/#usage, but I'm left wondering where to go from here. I don't know how WordPress is expected to work for a new user. What are the main links I need to provide to enable them to sign-up for a blog? How do I set-up WordPress Multisite itsel, rather than just the Pro Sites plugin?

• PC

Hey there William,

Thanks for your post.

Its pretty simple. Let me explain that for you in steps.

1: You install WordPress Multisite first of all. If you are not running Multisite, the Pro Sites plugin will not work.

Here is a guide on how to create a multisite : https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/creating-a-network-to-enable-wordpress-multisite/

2: Once created, you will need to test if you are able to create subsites properly and they are working fine or not.

3: Then you need to network Enable the Pro Sites plugin and define its settings like Levels, pricing.

4: Then you need to enable the modules you want to use via Network Admin >> Pro Sites >> Modules and gateways

5: Then you just need to customize the settings to suit your requirements and you are done.

The users would be signing up for a site at a regular WordPress URL i.e. yoursite.com/wp-signup.php which you can provide a link to in the Custom Menu or any page.

Does that help ? Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• William

Thanks PC for your reply.

But first, a quibble. This is my first time of using this system, and being a very literal person, I followed the screen to complete my query but fell foul. The url is https://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda/. It's headed 'Contact the support team'. Above the first text box it says 'Ask a question - the more detail the better' so I typed my main question in there in great detail, but most of it was truncated. Then there's a drop-down to categorise the question. Then there's a bigger text box to add more details. So, as I said, being very literal, I put my main question in the top box where it said I should, but it turned out to be just a heading. I was misdirected by poor design.

My main question at this stage was about the WordPress option (not the Pro Sites plugin option) concerning which of the four options to choose in 'Settings/Network Settings/Registration Settings/Allow new registrations' -
    1 Registration is disabled. (I wondered if Pro Sites overrides this)
    2 User accounts may be registered.
    3 Logged in users may register new sites.
    4 Both sites and user accounts can be registered.

As far as your reply is concerned, I said that I had followed the documentation and installed and configured the plugin, so the five points of your answer I have already completed. The bit after point 5, about 'The users would be signing up for a site...' was of help, but did confirm what I had thought to be right.

So my second quibble, and which is why I need to ask about 'What's next?', is with the documentation for the plugin. All plugins have a page with two tabs. One tab is headed 'Detail', and the other 'Usage'. In the case of the Pro Sites plugin the Usage tab is all about installation and set-up, not about usage at all. To me, usage is how to use something after installation and set-up. I can find no documentation about that at all.

This may all sound like a bit of whining, but as a new user here I immediately see things that could be better, not just for me, but for everyone - customers and staff.

• William

So, please, could I be told what settings I need to make in the admin area of the WordPress super admin in order to run the Pro Site plugin. What, if any, changes do I need to make to WordPress settings in order to have Pro Sites running properly? In particular, which of the four options should I set for 'Settings/Network Settings/Registration Settings/Allow new registrations' -
    1 Registration is disabled. (I wondered if Pro Sites overrides this)
    2 User accounts may be registered.
    3 Logged in users may register new sites.

Thanks.

• PC

Hey there William,

Sorry to have missed your last post.

ProSites works strictly in accordance with your Site registration settings in the Super Admin.

So if you want people to be able to register the sites, you should select option 4

Apart from that, you only need to install and Network activate the Pro Sites plugin. I am here in case there are any issues.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.