After installing Domain Mapping plugin registration defunct and can't add top level domains

1. In normal wp we have settings > General Settings > Membership area but in wpmu we do not have this ; so how we can allow people to register?

2. When wpmu was installed, and a site/ subdomain was created , it is not sharing the mother wp installation and shows a blank cgi-bin.

The membership should be there otherwise the goal will not be achieved... not sure why it is not there.

Plus we can't add top level domains, which was the purpose of having the domain mapping plugin - there should be a video showing how to configure the domain mapping plugin.

This happened after putting in the doman mapping plugin. This is the wp-config.php file

-----------------------------
<?php
/**
* The base configurations of the WordPress.
* This file has the following configurations: MySQL settings, Table Prefix,
* Secret Keys, WordPress Language, and ABSPATH. You can find more information
* by visiting {@link http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php Editing
* wp-config.php} Codex page. You can get the MySQL settings from your web host.
* This file is used by the wp-config.php creation script during the
* installation. You don't have to use the web site, you can just copy this file
* to "wp-config.php" and fill in the values.
* @package WordPress
*/

// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //
/** The name of the database for WordPress */
define('DB_NAME', 'gadenew1_wrdp1');

/** MySQL database username */
define('DB_USER', 'gadenew1_wrdp1');

/** MySQL database password */
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'LvfW0FJUFN7Z');

/** MySQL hostname */
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');

/** The Database Collate type. Don't change this if in doubt. */
define('DB_COLLATE', '');

/**#@+
* Authentication Unique Keys and Salts.
* Change these to different unique phrases!
* You can generate these using the {@link https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt/ WordPress.org secret-key service}
* You can change these at any point in time to invalidate all existing cookies. This will force all users to have to log in again.
* @since 2.6.0
*/
define('AUTH_KEY', '@j?ipQ1nR,yuuCW@U<DOMAIN>AS-{%gQEpSr_+<dyb+>:Yd#nWbetyh~4rmMUap4Q6rZEcZy');
define('SECURE_AUTH_KEY', '+hOIBXnJ~C;ftmT([CA|]_wDS<DOMAIN>G<K?#S8{H>//EaLy7]h:jhRfj.K=Usg#g&$9+ox');
define('LOGGED_IN_KEY', 'c8K?-u_wU{BZ2yHK_sbOo1@?!<DOMAIN>}H<`PM%7^l6VJTY,~DSOJ,zCtVI@Ym$WZi1@5x5');
define('NONCE_KEY', 's5,9YV+%:+HFX#l~ %RE`AZ/p<DOMAIN>Uzn<&<R%71t-|[H-L+}AtN9/thH&dMcVM8WN|Q}');
define('AUTH_SALT', 'KUEIq@~d.Tk+~t>1:HS9$8G_*<DOMAIN>zG,jcuq2l=7l#KE[-1c)QW3a{LwGi-kwhRVP&]g');
define('SECURE_AUTH_SALT', ';0GoKVCGWIZh:YOa*h[]-T&Di<DOMAIN>np=:iQ;z$>OkEYNi2@Y`|5-c|n:Jb #}97E?LX7');
define('LOGGED_IN_SALT', 'we3RP{hVolwbVh-((L%LEcHKl<DOMAIN>[IaA9<bDvi`h/M:3U7xK8S]A|.Q,2$|*jcOqWNB');
define('NONCE_SALT', '~<MckLITBiGaIV)497^JDbe-)<DOMAIN>G:*}/Prup?HeQMLNLz2kG~d/306X7Noin@gGh7+');

/**#@-*/

/**
* WordPress Database Table prefix.
* You can have multiple installations in one database if you give each a unique
* prefix. Only numbers, letters, and underscores please!
*/
$table_prefix = 'wp_';

/**
* WordPress Localized Language, defaults to English.
* Change this to localize WordPress. A corresponding MO file for the chosen
* language must be installed to wp-content/languages. For example, install
* de_DE.mo to wp-content/languages and set WPLANG to 'de_DE' to enable German
* language support.
*/
define('WPLANG', '');

/**
* For developers: WordPress debugging mode.
* Change this to true to enable the display of notices during development.
* It is strongly recommended that plugin and theme developers use WP_DEBUG
* in their development environments.
*/
define('WP_DEBUG', false);
define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' );
define( 'MULTISITE', true );
define( 'SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true );
$base = '/';
define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'musicwise.com.au' );
define( 'PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/' );
define( 'SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );
define( 'BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

/** Absolute path to the WordPress directory. */
if ( !defined('ABSPATH') )
define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/');

/** Sets up WordPress vars and included files. */
require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-settings.php');me reason you don't have the WP_DEBUG line, then providing it is just above the following code

3SixtyEvolve

Hi Judy

Greetings from my WPMU DEV Support Desk and thank you for being a member of our Community.

I've been reading through all of your posts to try and get a clear understanding of what you're trying to achieve. Unfortunately I'm a bit confused as some are talking about domain mapping and others multi-domain. If possible, would you allow me access to your Super Admin and we can communicate via email to see if we can resolve this matter (and all your other threads)? You can send me your details via our contact form, for attention GinaB.

Of course, I'm assuming that all your posts are linked together - same project? Please confirm.

I look forward to assist you and getting your Multisite sorted.

Have a great day and talk soon.

GinaB

GNM

Same project Gina.

To make it a bit more simpler for you to understand. This is what has been happening:

1. I had a single WP installation I wanted converted to WPMU.

2. I wanted to be able to have as many top level domain names on the different blogs, each with different themes. eg. I have musicwise.com.au but also want to install recipegeek.com.au on it and others.

3. My web guy managed to transfer it over to WPMU, network is visible, but the dashboard is missing the "must-use" button on the plugins.

4. We can't seem to add blogs as per the domain mapping plugin says we should.

1. In normal wp we have settings > General Settings > Membership area but in wpmu we do not have this ; so how we can allow people to register?

2. When wpmu was installed, and a site/ subdomain was created , it is not sharing the mother wp installation and shows a blank cgi-bin.

The membership should be there otherwise the goal will not be achieved... not sure why it is not there.

The web guy is being great about it. Absolute gem. I will definitely be using him again as he is in constant contact - more like a partnership. I know we will get it right but something is not adding up.

We thought of a fresh WPMU installation but I don't want to lose my ranking - which is damn high for for keywords in Australia (without any real content - beating government websites).

One more thing ... I logged in as one of my users and I would not see much unless I was a super-admin. that has NEVER happened before.

I will contact you shortly with the super-admin details.

Cheers
    Judie

Ovidiu

1. you do not register for a single site, you need to register with the main domain where WPMU is installed. that is a limitation of WPMU. read more here: http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/forums/148158-wpmu-dev-new-development-requests/suggestions/2625226-multisite-per-blog-registrations-make-aaron-s-pl (I am pretty sure that is what you are asking for)

When wpmu was installed, and a site/ subdomain was created , it is not sharing the mother wp installation and shows a blank cgi-bin.
    what did you expect to be shared? What is the matter with cgi-bin? That has absolutely nothing to do with WPMU. Please explain what exactly you were expecting.

I think you started off with the wrong expectations.
    Domain Mapping means that you have i.e. a main domain: musicwise.com.au and one of the blogs on that network are i.e. somecoolsite.musicwise.com.au. Now what domain mapping does is making somecoolsite.musicwise.com.au available under i.e. somecoolsite.com.au
    That is all it does. The plugins and themes available on that site are dependant upon what you have set up and configured on musicwise.com.au

to achieve this:

2. I wanted to be able to have as many top level domain names on the different blogs, each with different themes. eg. I have musicwise.com.au but also want to install recipegeek.com.au on it and others.
    you create a site recipegeek.musicwise.com.au and map the domain recipegeek.com.au to it.

But I think you are missing the whole point of multi-site, read this: http://codex.wordpress.org/Before_You_Create_A_Network
    And check out this article titled "When not to use multisite" http://tech.ipstenu.org/2011/dont-use-wordpress-multisite/

3. My web guy managed to transfer it over to WPMU, network is visible, but the dashboard is missing the "must-use" button on the plugins.

Where is it not visible? You will only see that menu in the network admin part, i.e. yourmaindomain.tld/wp-admin/network/plugins.php and not in the normal admin part yourmaindomain.tld/wp-admin/plugins.php - notice the missing "network" in the path?

4. We can't seem to add blogs as per the domain mapping plugin says we should.

What exactly are you referring to here?

A word of advice on this part:

The web guy is being great about it. Absolute gem. I will definitely be using him again as he is in constant contact - more like a partnership. I know we will get it right but something is not adding up.
    If your web guy was as good as you think you would not have had to ask these questions here.

One more thing ... I logged in as one of my users and I would not see much unless I was a super-admin. that has NEVER happened before.

You need to provide details if you want help. What user did you log in with? a subscriber or an admin? Where did you log in? on the main site or on a sub-blog?

3SixtyEvolve

Hi Judie

Thank you for your feedback. It's always best to go back to the start and re-look at things - just a fresh pair of eyes.

When going through your latest post and your previous threads, I believe you should be using the Multi-Domain Plugin and not the Domain Mapping Plugin. Domain mapping will allow you to point your domain to another 'top level' domain name or vice versa, but it won't give you a network of 'top level' domains with their own Admin Panels. For this you need to use the Multi-Domain Plugin and your other 'top level' domains should be parked on your hosting. Also, do make sure that you can create a wildcard DNS on your hosting / if your host allows you to do this.

Then, to be able to use plugins across your 'network' of 'top level' domains, you need to keep the plugins that you want 'Network Deactivated'. You will then notice that you can activate it on a site to site basis, wherever you need it.

In any case, please do send me your details and I can have a look at your setup/ see if there's anything else amiss.

Have a good day and I look forward to receive your email.

GinaB