After migration the site is still showing a fresh installation

I'm migrating some sites across from my previous host. Is there a way I can check the migration before I change the dns settings?
I have already done migration using the ftp method in your host and it went smoothly but after that when I tried to access the admin of the site I could not access it using my source sites credentials.
Also, the destination site is still showing the fresh site from before the migration. I have cleared object caching and refreshed the wp-config but that did not help. In the database it shows the source site users.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Jeff

When you create a new site on WPMU hosting, you chose a URL, for example abc.wpmudev.host. After doing the migration, abc.wpmudev.host URL should show the migrated site and you can check that before changing the DNS. That is standard procedure actually, after checking the site with host URL, you should point the domain.

On your case, it seems for some reasons, the migration was not done successfully. It was broken on some point. I can see you have sent FTP and wp admin, but I will also need database access to manually migrate the site. Would you please send me your cPanel or DB access so that we can proceed with manual migration?

You can send me privately in the following format:
    1. Please go to https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    2. Select "I have a different question" if not selected
    3. In subject line put "Attn-Ashok" (this will ensure that the email is assigned to me)
    4. Provide the wanted details.
    5. Add the thread link in the message so that I can track.

We will proceed with the migration once you receive the information. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.