After purchasing, installing and setting up both

After purchasing, installing and setting up both Automessage and Subscribe By Email, I went and did a test-run subscribe through my website and the Automessage isn't sending to new subscribers.

1. Are these plugins supposed to work together without customization?
2. What do you think went wrong?
3. Can somebody help me fix this?

The very best,
-Mark

• Ash

Hello @Mark

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

These two plugins works for different purpose. To send email to your subscriber, you don't need Automessage. Automessage sends message to the users of your site, not the subscribers.

Subscribe by email plugin handles the sending email to the subscribers. To configure you need to go Subscriptions > Settings page from admin, and there you can set the email settings.

Please check and let us know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Mark

Hey Ashley thanks for your swift response.

I understand what you mean.
    As an incentive for subscribing to my site, I offer people my free report that I wrote, and my plan is to use automessage to send it to all my newest subscribers who sign up to my site via Subscribe by Email.

I have the report written and already added to Automessage, how can I make it automatically send to my new subscribers immediately upon confirming their subscription?

• Ash

Hello @Mark

In that case, the perfect solution would be for you is our E-Newsletter plugin, please take a look: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-newsletter/

The subscribers of Subscribe by Email are not users of your site, so Automessage is not able to send email to them. In E-Newsletter, you can create your own email template and send to your subscribers/members.

I can see you are a single plugin user. You can contact our accounts department from https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ to switch your account to E-newsletter.

Cheers
    Ash

• Mark

So you're saying the e-newsletter, a plugin where I can have an automatic email sent out when people join, but every other email has to manually be created and sent, is the perfect solution for me?

Hardly.
    Unless e-newsletter now has RSS to email automatically included in its features like Subscribe by Email, then it's useless to me.

So, right back around to the original question once more:
    How can I make an email automatically send to my new subscribers immediately upon them confirming their subscription?

• Ash

Hello @Mark

I hope you are well today.

How can I make an email automatically send to my new subscribers immediately upon them confirming their subscription?

In that case, this is not possible out of the box as I said in my first reply. But I am tagging an available developer from second level support line in this thread for his valuable opinion on this issue. Maybe the email function can be called immediately when a new subscriber is added. Please note that, developer response might be slower than usual staff response, so we appreciate your patience on this.

Cheers
    Ash

• Hoang Ngo

Hi @Mark,

I've checked the code of both plugin, if you want to use AutoMessage, you will need to force user for signup, as AutoMessage require an user_id for working properly.

However, we can still achieve what's you need by a simple custom code. Please add this code to your theme functions.php or use mu-plugins

add_action('save_post_subscriber', 'fire_sending_email_action');
    function fire_sending_email_action()
    {
        if (isset($_GET['sbe_confirm'])) {
            $subscriber = incsub_sbe_get_subscriber_by_key($_GET['sbe_confirm']);
            if ($subscriber) {
                //sending email
                $subject = 'Your subject here';
                $contents = 'Your content here';
                wp_mail($subscriber->subscription_email, $subject, $contents, array(
                    "Content-type: text/html"
                ));
            }
        }
    }

Please update the $subject & $contents text to your need. If you have any issues please don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist.

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.