After super smushing my images, google pagespeed still says I need image smushing

I've super smushed enabled. Smush is saying that all images are super smushed. I've turned on development mode in Cloudflare and disabled WP Fastest Cache. Also cleared all cache. Still, Google PageSpeed Insight Tool is saying that I have a lot of images to be optimized. Site URL: lig********man.com

• Dimitris

Hello there Kevin

It seems that the reported images are some full-size images.

Could you please go to Smush settings, enable the Smush my original full-size images option, save settings and bulk smush again?

Please do keep a backup before proceeding and also make use of the Make a copy of my full size images Smush option, in case you want to revert some image back to its original state.

Let us know how that goes! :slight_smile:

Finally keep in mind that images reported in Google Pagespeed Insights that comes from external domains, can't be optimised, as the image should be located in your server in order to get smushed.

Thank you,
    Dimitris

• Kevin

Hello Dimitris I did what you asked and Smushed the original pictures as well and nothing has changed. Please note On 8/31/18 I gave Rupok all of my passwords to WP dashboard, Host Gator and my Cpanel as he said that someone would have to go deep into my site as something is not working. Can you plesase check this out as I have done everything asked and I wanted at least 7-8 youtube videos and I'm doing the exact thing everyone else is doing. I also just ran another rport in GTmetrix and it states that my pictures are NOT Optimized please see attached picture!!! Again please advise as to what is going on. Thanks Kevin

• Dimitris

Hello there Kevin,

hope you're doing good today and please excuse our late response here.

I just reviewed again your settings, images stats and a recent Google Pagespeed Insights report and I can see that the reported images seem to be already super-smushed, at least this is what Smush tells us.
    I've already asked lead developer about it, in case I've missed something. Will keep you posted here, about any development on this.

Finally, I tried to access files in your server, to better review image sizes, but both cPanel and Hostgator credentials that you've shared during the live chat session with Rupok, aren't working anymore. Could you please double-check these and send us over the updated details? As this is public forum, you must send us your details through our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"

- FTP credentials (host/username/password/path of site in question)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris

Hello there Kevin

After further investigation I noticed that you were using the Smush free version. So I deactivated and removed that, and installed Smush Pro via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin.
    I also enabled all setting you'd enabled before:

- Automatically smush my images on upload
    - Super-smush my images
    - Smush my original full-size images
    - Make a copy of my full size images

and now there are 1081 images that needs re-smushing. :slight_smile:

Could you please carry on with this bulk smush (as it requires to keep the browser tab opened and it could need some extra time to complete) and let me know when this is over, so we can check Pagespeed Insights once more?
    Looking forward for your results!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Kevin

No I was and always have been using the paid version only. As you can see I did the Super Smush on all of my pictures as you know you can not do super smush on the free version. That is only unlocked on the paid version. Also my fist troubleshooting contact person (Rupok) even said that I was using the full version so that is not the problem... I have now been asking for help now for one week and keep getting the same basic replied like smuch it again or smuch this or that. I have done everything you have asked and it is not working.... Please either fixt the problem or refund my money. Thank you Kevin L. Wagner

• Dimitris

I'm really sorry for the frustration here. As mentioned before, Super Smush option was enabled, even though the Free version was installed, cause WPMUDEV Dashboard was connected, thus the premium Smush API was being used.
    After noticing that though, and replacing free with pro version of Smush, I can see that there're still some pending images that have to be super-smushed.
    I'm going to keep a tab opened from my end and super-smush these images.
    Will keep you posted about my results as soon as possible.

Take care,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris

Hello there Kevin

After re-smushing all pending images with Smush Pro, I can see that images were optimised a little bit more, but Google Pagespeed Insights is still reporting that some images needs to be further compressed. :confused:
    I've already created a report for our developers, to have another look at that. Me or another colleague will keep you posted here, as soon as we've got some valuable insights.

Thank you,
    Dimitris

• Kevin

Dimitris, that is what I have been trying to tell you since last Friday 8/31/18. Somehow I got transfered to you. At first I thought you were one of the developers but then I soon realized that I'm just starting over at scratch again... Again on Friday 8/3/18 I spent about an hour on the chat with Rupok and he tried everything he could think of. He then told me he was going to sent this directly to the developers. I then gave him all of my login information etc to give to the developers. I have been wait since last friday 8/31/18 to hear back from a developer on this issue. Hopefully now everyone is up to speed on what is going on!!! Thanks Kevin

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Kevin,

Apologies for the delay here, we have been discussing this with the developers further as it's a really strange issue.

We did a test by downloading one of the images from the report and reuploading it again to your site.
    The original image is 88KB and the optimized one should be around 50KB.
    Now, when I uploaded the image to your site the new one was properly optimized and you can see it on top of your media library and can see that the image size is now 51KB.
    However, when our dev did the same thing the image failed to upload completely.

This is probably what's affecting Smush as well, because when you run optimization process the images are sent to our compression servers and once optimization is done they are sent back to your site and they override the original ones.
    So during that process of sending images back something refuses it, like it did with that upload, and optimized images are not getting back to your site.
    Strange thing is that there's nothing in the logs that would tell us what's causing it exactly.

Our developers are still looking into it but it would help if you could give it another try with your security tweaks disabled and also check with your hosting provider if they can have a look at the server logs and see if there's any information there about what's blocking the upload.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Kevin,

Does your Flywheel plan support the creation of staging site?
    If it does can you create it and send us the login details to that so we could do some further poking around there without affecting your live site?

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.