After the update nothing works, it´s really a disaster. My

After the update nothing works, it´s really a disaster. My customers can´t se the dripped content posts any more. Need help with this asap...

And the test mode was great before the update but it´s also a disaster, doesn´t work either....

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey DreamBody,

Hope you're doing well today!

Thanks for granting support access. I can see that your "reveal" dates haven't been set yet. Or were then got reset? This definitely should not have happened. I tested in my install and after upgrading to the latest version my reveal dates were still maintained.

Which version did you update from? Was it older than the previous one(1.1.0.4)?

If you set those dates again then it should be fine. In the meantime, to ensure your clients still have the access they are paying for you can create a new membership and apply it to the affected members :slight_smile: just a free membership that gives them the proper access for now.

This is tough to troubleshoot as I'm not able to replicate the issue on my own install. Do you have a dev version of your site by any chance? Perhaps that could help us find what the problem is.

Based on your users profile information it looks like it still has the correct subscribed on date for them. Is that right? If you click that card icon to the far right on the members list it should show you this. Screenshot attached.

Look forward to hearing back on this!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the reply!

At least we are narrowing down the issue :slight_smile: can you make sure there is no plugin/theme conflicts happening by deactivating all your other other plugins and temporarily swapping to the default 2015 theme.

If content still won't display correctly then I see you have a test account that has been a member long enough to have access to a lot of the content(should be able to access, that is). Assuming "testrun" is a test account. Would you mind if I tested with that user as well? You could send the password in privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress testrun username
    -WordPress testrun password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Reason I ask for FTP is to do further debug if necessary and test out plugins/themes as well :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Peter,

Thanks for sending that in :slight_smile:

Which content are you not able to access? I tested out several membership only pages and they all worked with the test account.

I didn't notice this before, but since you are using the "free" gateway, the payments will have to be marked as "paid" before the users can access the content, I see a lot of them are billed but not paid yet. So that could be your issue here. "admin" applied memberships will of course be applied right away.

Talk to you soon!

All the best,
    Tyler

• DreamBody
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi!

It´s the post´s (not pages) that the members can´t access. I tested it out now and it doesn´t work.

it should be more post´s on the "Mina program" page. (See screenshoot) There are only one there now when i test it with "Testrun user".

Regards Peter

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @DreamBody,

After digging into this further, the problem here is due to the member having multiple memberships assigned, it seems like the dripped content rules might be conflicting here.

I was able to reproduce this on my own test site, and will be reporting this to the developer. In the meantime though, if members have only one membership, that seems to work just fine, as I was able to see the intended content on your site if I only had one membership assigned to my test user. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @DreamBody,

I've tried looking into this for you, but it seems like something that we'll also want to ask the developer about, I've let him know about this situation as well. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Edit: In the process of looking into this though, I noticed that the FTP details seem to be for a different site, as the list of plugins I'm seeing differs from what you've got here. Could you check those, and send them in (as you sent in the details that my colleague Tyler asked for earlier)? :slight_smile:

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks for posting this issue and for calling me in here :slight_smile:

When I reviewed the logic there were actually 2 bugs that both happened on your page. Both issues will be fixed within 12 hours, when the next update is ready.

Bug 1: Dripped content was in some cases not revealed. This is the issue you observe with the test member only having access to "Instant" content. I can confirm there was a invalid date check.

Bug 2: When a user signed up for 2 or more memberships then each membership would protect the others content. Effectively no content was displayed in the end.

Thanks again for the heads up on that issues :slight_smile: Philipp

• DreamBody

I have my posts as drop content. For an example, members can and should see week 1 directly when they sign up and after that the will get new posts every week (that they should not see until the day for the drop content). Now they can se all posts directly when they sign up.

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

I just had a look at your site and configuration.

I think the problem is caused by a wrong/unintended Protection configuration:
    Rule "Posts" defines the post 451 "Vecka 5 - Från soffa till milen" to display after 4 weeks.
    Rule "Category" defines category "Från soffa till milen" to display immediately.

Since the post 451 matches both rules, the first rule that gives access to the post is used - and this is the Category rule.
    To solve the issue you should remove all Category-rules, since you intend to drip posts individually and not on category basis...

Thanks, Philipp :slight_smile:

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi again!

I have set up a test site using your protection rules and can reproduce that issue locally. It seems we have introduced that bug with one of the last 2 updates...

I'm working on a bugfix that will be released today or tomorrow - after updating, you will find a new Add-on called "Category Protection". You need to deactivate that Add-on on your site to fix the protection logic...

• DreamBody

Now i also noticed that coupons code doesn´t work either....... This is really terrible for my site that i just have started and do a lot of commercial for... You guys really need to sort this out right now. After all i pay a lot of money for this... A 24/7 support should be a 24/7 support. It´s not okej with just 1-2 answers a day...

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey DreamBody,

Thanks for your reporting this. I've confirmed it on my own site. When a coupon usage limit is set then it can't be used as well, bug must of slipped into a recent update. I'll report this to Philipp so we can get it fixed up asap, along with the category one :slight_smile:

In the meantime, you can still use coupons if they don't have a limit set.

Let us know if you have any further questions. Thanks for all your patience on this!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi there,

I've just had a look at your page and the "Category Protection" Add-on was still enabled with some Category rules being active... So I deactivated the Category-Add-on and tested your site:

"Vecka 1 – Från soffa till milen" is available right after registration
    "Vecka 2 – Från soffa till milen" is not available anymore (the entry is still listed in page "Medlemsmeny", but when the user clicks the link the content is not displayed)

We have solved the Coupon issue as well and will release an update soon. I will install and test the update on your site to make sure it's working for you.

Before the update I'm having a look if I can find the reason for "Vecka 2" being listed on the "Medlemsmeny" page, even though it is protected... As I noticed you're using a PageBuilder widget to display these posts. That widget seems to fetch all posts from the Database ignoring the Protected Content rules. Maybe we can do something about it and limit the posts so users only see available items.

• DreamBody

I've just had a look at your page and the "Category Protection" Add-on was still enabled with some Category rules being active... So I deactivated the Category-Add-on and tested your site:

As soon as you deactivate Category protection the membership "Från soffa till milen" can se all programs. Also the "Från milen till halvmaran" programs. And i registered a new user today and that user can se all program "week 1, week2" etc.. So it´s still the same problem.

"Vecka 1 – Från soffa till milen" is available right after registration
    "Vecka 2 – Från soffa till milen" is not available anymore (the entry is still listed in page "Medlemsmeny", but when the user clicks the link the content is not displayed)

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Took a bit longer to fix the blog-index issue but now everything seems to work on your page.

I have checked these things:
    1- The "Medlemsmeny" page only lists posts that the user can access
    2- http://trainingbydb.se/valkommen-till-ditt-forsta-steg-mot-en-halvmara/ is NOT available for members of "Från soffa till milen"
    3- "Vecka 1 – Från soffa till milen" is available right after registration
    4- "Vecka 2 – Från soffa till milen" is not available after registration
    5- "Vecka 2 – Från soffa till milen" is available 7 days after registration

Please have a look and let me know if things are as you expect them.
    Also, in case I missed an issue (this is a long thread!) please let me know, I'll handle it first thing tomorrow!

Thanks and good luck with your site :slight_smile: Philipp

Note: I edited the description. I originally had a wrong description in point 2

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.