after update a lot of units disapeared in admin

hi,
wp 4.61 and coursepress pro 1.2.5.8
i desactived all pluging
- first i make a update - oulala !!!! - a lot of units disapeared in admin
-second i restore and after i try to put the file manualy and all is good and when i put class.course.unit.php a lot of units disapeared
can you help me ?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello cassina,

- first i make a update - oulala !!!! - a lot of units disapeared in admin

I tested updating CoursePress from 1.2.5.8 to latest version but all the units were still there - units are kept in database, so changing files should not have any impact on them.
    Were they particular units? Like - their content were different from other units that did not dissapear?
    Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

-second i restore and after i try to put the file manualy and all is good and when i put class.course.unit.php a lot of units disapeared

How is your manual process of updating? I'm asking because you are referring to certain file and when you update manually plugin you override all files and directories at once, not file after file. So I'm curious here.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• cassina

- first i make a update - oulala !!!! - a lot of units disapeared in adminactually only some lesson have disappeared
    "notes à trier"
    16 units witch quizz for some one

the other witch no quizz but with video are always here
    i enable support access

--- How is your manual process of updating? I'm asking because you are referring to certain file and when you update manually plugin you override all files and directories at once, not file after file. So I'm curious here.

i have cpanel and file manager

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello cassina,

I'm sorry for the delay on my side - I'm trying to check your site but its not working. I'm getting error "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" - can you check that with your hosting provider?

I would like for you to try again make automatic update but this time with debug log enabled in your WordPress. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file - so please upload it to dropbox like service and paste here link. Then we should see what went wrong in the update and why its breaking your courses.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin

Hi cassina,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

on my derveur i have a firewall
    what is your state our ip

I'm afraid what we have is dynamic IPs, and it tends to change. If possible, could you please enable based on the staff countries, our IPs generate from Japan, India, Bangladesh.

Once you have enabled debug mode, please try to generate the error in your dashboard, and please share the debug.log files in your next reply. You can find the debug.log files located under /wp-content/ folder. You could either attach the file in txt format, or make use of the cloud services like Dropbox, or Google Drive.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin