after update to the latest Coursepress Pro version, my

Hi after update to the latest Coursepress Pro version, my courses are not showing units. I have already enter on admin and checked, and all units are published. I even tried to resave a unit but it doesnt show up on the course page.
If i try to access directly the unit page it shows the unit content normally. But the course page shows:
0 units in the course currently. Please check back later.
Im granting access on my admin.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @tizimazza

I trust you are doing well today!

Can you try adding the following to your wp-config.php, this will increase the PHP memory:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Also please increase max execution time. edit the php.ini fike that you will find in the root dierectory, Locate the following line:
    max_execution_time = 30
    Change it to
    max_execution_time = 300

In case you can't locate the php.ini file, please contacht with your host provider and ask them to change this for you.

For mopre detailed information regarding increasing PHP memory, please have a look here.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Tiziano
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Nastia i tried that but still didnt solve the problem. Searching on wpmudev discussions i found this one https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/coursepress-pro-units-not-showing
    that says it is a problem on the excerpt of wordpress that is filtering and removing html tags. I tried to install the suggested plugin but didnt manage to solve the problem, im not sure if i made the corerct setup as they didnt explained on the forum topic.

• Panos
    • SLS

Hello @tizimazza,

I had a look in the front end and it looks normal. Perhaps I am missing something here, or do you mean in the admin you are having this issue? Could provide some more information on this?

Looking forward to your reply!

Kind regards,
    Panos

• Tiziano
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Panos
    I already solved my problem. My theme wasnt updated, when i copied the latest coursepress theme it was solved.
    What do you suggest me to customize my cousepress theme and at the same keeping it update? Last time I had copied the coursepress theme and paste it as a news theme.

• Panos
    • SLS

Hello Tiziano,
    Glad your issue has been resolved :slight_smile:

In order to customize themes in general, WordPress supports (and suggest) the use of so called child themes, so you can customize your theme and not lose any customization during theme update!You can read more about them here or here.

I have attached the base of a child theme including the style.css file where you can insert any custom CSS code, and the functions.php where you can insert your custom PHP functions. Using a child theme you can override any template file by simply copying it in your child-theme's folder and edit it as you like.

Please feel free to post back here if you need further assistance on how to customize your theme!

Kind regards,
    Panos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.