After updateing CoursePro menu does not work

Hi,
After updateing CoursePro to version 1.2.5.1 in a multisite menu does not work.
It appears Oops! That page can’t be found instead.
Ricardo

• calvinrogercanas
    • New Recruit

Hi @Ricardo,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to reproduce this issue with my own install but it is working fine

Can you please send in:

- In the subject field add "Attn:Calvin Canas"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access + login url (this way you don't need to bother enabling over and over the support access when it expires.)
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Looking forward for your reply! :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Calvin

• Ricardo
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Calvin
    I did not hear anything from you since I sent my credentials two days ago.
    When do you think I will have an answer?
    I had problems in the past with this plugin that took me months to solve until it was discovered it was a code problem.
    It was supposed to be fixed in this last update but now after it I am stopped again.
    I am really worried about this issue
    Regards
    Ricardo

• Ricardo

Hi Calvin,
    I updated today to version 1.2.5.3 and the problem still remains.
    I would really appreciate some kind of answer as soon as possible. Alternatively, perhaps another technician could take a look.
    Otherwise, I will have to uninstall and install the old 1.2.4.9 version because I need the course being operative. Thus, it will be more difficult to look inside and detect the problem.
    Regards
    Ricardo

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Ricardo, my apologies for the delay here!

We've got this noted as a bug, and we're presently working on getting this issue fixed. In the meantime though, you can get the related course pages to work by inserting the shortcode for each section (e.g. the course dashboard, the login page, etc.) onto separate WordPress pages, and switching from a virtual page to the page you created (see screenshot below). :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Ricardo

Hi Michael,
    I tried the suggested solution with the following results:
    Login works with [cp_pages page="student_login"] as suggested
    My Courses works with [cp_pages page="student_dashboard"] as suggested
    My Profile DOES NOT work with [cp_pages page="student_settings"] as suggested. INSTEAD it has to be used: [courses_student_settings]
    Logout does not exist as a setting option. I tried to use WPMU Logout Redirect plugin but does not work either. It goes to “Oops! That page can’t be found” warning page.
    I can work with the alternative pages but how can I solve the logout problem?
    Regards
    Ricardo

• calvinrogercanas
    • New Recruit

Hi @Ricardo,

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your valuable feedback and ideas. I will flag this as feature request for the plugin developer to see. For the meantime you can add a new menu item on your current menu using "Links" then add this as the URL: "http://domain.com/wp-login.php?action=logout" then install this plugin to control the menu item's visibility so you can show it to logged-in users only.

Let me know if it helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Calvin

• Ricardo

Hi Calvin,
    Thanks for your try.
    The problem is that the menu is compulsory included in the theme and everything I add is apart from the standard (Home; Courses & Login). So in the case of the logout I would have two menu option for the same action. Is there any method to manipulate the standard menu?
    Regards
    Ricardo

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Ricardo,

The "Home", "Courses" & "Login" menu links are added when "Display menu items" is checked inside of:

CoursePress -> Settings -> General

A quick way to hide the login link that CoursePress generates would be to insert this CSS code into a plugin like Simple Custom CSS:

li.menu-item-cp-logout {
        display: none;
    }

Let me know if this helps please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.