After updating to Markettpress 3.0

After updating to Marketpress 3.0 a lot of things goes wrong.
Ok, this is a major updat with a total new structure.
- can not select my own theme (wp-content/marketpress-styles)
- can also not select an other theme then default.
- single product page is a mess an the featured picture is gone
- In checkout I see shipping and tax. I don't use that only digital products.
- paypal express gateway is gone.
You can see the differences:
http:// ellad2.nl site with marketpress 3,0
http:// ellad2.com/nl site with marketpress 2.9.6.2.

By the way I have to deactivate the WPMUDEV dashboard to see or I have a new version of the plugins

• Ella
    • The Incredible Code Injector

- lot of translations are gone
    - page navigation is not working
    - can i make another checkout form, without shipping address etc.
    -old coupon codes are not working anymore
    -new coupon codes are not accepted example "her123" also not the 100% discount
    - can not see how many times a coupon code was used

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi ella,

Hope you're well?

The payment gateway issue has been reported as a bug.

With regards to coupons, unfortunately existing coupons do not work, you will need to remove the existing ones and then add new ones. (I have tested this and new coupons work ok for me)

The featured images seem to work for me. though I didn't upgrade this from the old version.

I have reported the template styles issue as a bug for the developer to look at.

For the rest, Could you grant support access from the dashboard plugin so we can take a closer look? See https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Thanks

• Ella

Hi @Vaughan,

I don't want to shoot the messenger but....
    This "update" is more like a totally new plugin. It looks like that all the custom parts, of the old version, are not working. For example, I am really not pleased that I have to translate four languages. Can't find any documentation for the 3.0 version and is it so difficult to send customers an email that the updated markettpress plugin is different then the older versions?
    Maybe it is technically a great jump forwards but for the customers who are using this plugin a lot of trouble and extra work. Maybe it is better to ask a group of customers, who are using this plugin for a long time, to test it. I am not always on forums, to see what is going on with a plugin.
    I like a lot of surprises but not this kind.

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Ella,

I hope you are well today and I'm sorry for the issue.

Can you please try the release candidate version here? As it will fix almost the issue above :slight_smile:

If you have any additional issues, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Ella

Hi @Hoang Ngo

Ok, I got the single product-page back but when I want to edit the featured image, there is no possibility to do that.
    When I go to the store settings and I wan to change the theme it stays on the default theme. Also other settings, for example show related products, I can't change the settings for it.
    Grant access is still on, so take a look.

Ella

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Ella,

For editing the Featured Image, in 3.0, you will see a new section called Product Images, from here, you can change/add new or update your product images.

I do see other issues with setting saving. I will need to access to your FTP for further debug. Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks!!.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Ella

Hi @Hoang Ngo,

Ok, that was a simple solution :slight_smile: Is there already new documentation for 3.0
    Can you tell me how got the image back and remove the excerpt from the single product-page?

Send in the support request.

Ella

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Ella,

I hope you are well today.

Can you tell me how got the image back

Sorry but I'm a little bit confuse here :slight_frown:. I've just checked your site, but the images still showing up?
    For hiding the product excerpt in single product page, you can try this css code

.mp_single_product_details .mp_product_excerpt{
    display:none
    }

Also, can you please the access information? As I can't find any email having them :slight_frown:

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Ella,

I'm doing some debug on your site, and I found that the root of the issue settings can't be saving properly very likely because your database. Can you please send me your cPanel info, so I can take a look at your database?

You can send the information to our email contact@wpmudev.org
    The email subject should be ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    The email content should having
    1. Link to this thread
    2. Your cPanel information

We are very close to this, I will try to resolve the issue for you ASAP :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Ella

Hi @Hoang Ngo

Ok, It starts to work :slight_smile: but I think that I can throw my custom theme over my right or left shoulder and forget it forever. I really like a lot of new things (for example the floating mini-cart) but I think in the end I have to build my own new custom- theme and do all the translations again.

I hope you agree with me that this update is not 100% backwards compatible :slight_smile:
    So, here some feedback from my side and I realize that my input is functional and not technical.
    For me Marketpress is just a tool to do my little business.

I just put some screenshots hope that is enough:

- When I edit the product and put a custom excerpt then it looks nice. But then I have to edit all my products in 5 languages. ( more then 1000)
    -When I don't use related products then the box with description is useless.
    - The link in the shopping cart widget is not working but I think that is because the custom store pages.
    -The build in light box is not working but also my fancy-light box plugin is not working for the featured image. (tried all the combinations)

• Ella

The next post @Hoang Ngo,

When I build this "webshop" I choosed a standard wordpress theme (twenty thirteen) because it is responsive, get updated and build by the makers of wordpress. I made my own child-theme, nothing special just a header and a footer and a lot of css. With the latest update of Marketpress I see that Markettpress is responsive on his own way.

I am using as a thumbnail a small file from 110X110 So when you blow that up on a tablet or a phone it looks like s... (not so nice). Is there a way to turn that reponsive behavior from Marketpress off?
    Before the update, the look and feel of my site was on every device almost the same and it had a score of 99% user experience score in google page-speed.
    Screenshots are new MP and old MP

• Ella

The checkout @Hoang (I am collecting points on this way :slight_smile:
    First the shopping cart:
    Two possibilities to checkout.

When I use the Mini-cart then I have the possibility to put in coupon-code, when you are using the checkout button in the widget it goes directly to billing. All the tax and shipping related items I don't want to see in my checkout.

I just want to checkout as a quest, give my email-address and name and nothing more.
    I want that my customers have a user experience like they have in a "normal" store. Nobody ask my address or phone number when I am buying an ice-cream...
    Also, at the end of the checkout process it is more customer friendly to ask them or they want to create an account, instead of the popup form to create an account.

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Ella,

I hope you are well today and many thanks for your valuable feedback. That's really helpful :slight_smile:

I'm checking with the lead developer about some ideas/improvements from your feedback. I think we can bring it to the next version of MarketPress :slight_smile:.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Ella

Hi @Hoang,

First of all, thank you very much for all your effort!
    But....My feedback are not improvements or new ideas, they were there all the time.
    Only after an update they are gone...

My conclusion is: The plugin is not backwards compatible, slows down my site, misses old functionality and there is no documentation.

Can you tell me or there are security issues with the old version of Marketpress?
    When that is not the point, I will keep my old version and wait...

Sorry, I do not want to sound as a bitch, but I hope you understand my way of thinking.

With Regards,

Ella

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Ella,

I hope you are well today and I do sorry about the issues you met.

Yes, I understand all the frustration you get. For now, I think please keep the 2.9, and let's wait for a new version of MarketPress 3, which will be more stable :slight_smile:

I'm sorry for this inconvenience, and many thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Ella,

Hope you're well today and thank you for all your feedback and screenshots, we're working on getting everything fixed as quick as possible and expect to have a release within the next 1-2 days.

Regarding the gateways, if I remember correctly, was you using the iDEAL gateway? If you was, we've rolled that into Mollie or Mijireh, depending on feedback, we *may* bring it back as a standalone gateway, though we haven't currently decided one or the other.

Just a bit of background as well, MarketPress 3.0 was a complete re-write of the old 2.9, we've of course since find out, as you've noted as well, there have been issues with backwards compatibility. Which we're working on as well. The templating structure has completely changed and unfortunately caused issues with anyone running a custom MarketPress theme, but we're working on adding support back for the old method in the next update.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, as Hoang said, for now, I'd say stick with 2.9, till we have the next update for 3.0 :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Ella

Hi @Jack

Thank you for your information!
    Please consider to make a damage control policy. Your customers are not unreasonable. But they get irritated and frustrated when they don't have a clue what is going on. Is there a possibility to use the WPMUDEV dashboard for that? And please don't use it for marketing then :slight_smile: That will also help to accept the Dashboard more.

Maybe this what is going on, is also the shadow side of the success of WPMUDEV, because it does not happen so much that an update from WPMUDEV gives so many troubles. So, instead of making backups you just click "update". You just trust them.

Regarding to "IDEAL" Ideal is a product of the dutch banks and is cheaper then Mollie.
    Sorry, I am Dutch :slight_smile: But I can also live with Mollie because then you get the gateways for the Belgium market.

With Best Regards,
    Ella

• Karen
    • WordPress Warrior

Agree with Ella about the testing first before this stuff is launched on we unsuspecting people who trust the updates have been checked out.

Why not have a brave group of original people who are happy to trial it on their sites first to do damage control to a smaller group?

I'd rather wait than have this stuff to deal with. I am a small business owner with very limited time to fix all this stuff and I groan loudly each time this happens...and then waste hours having to learn new skills (rolling back, etc).

Ugh.
    Karen

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Ella & Karen,

Hope you're both well today, we've just launched a new update, that for us has fixed all issues reported, though please be aware, while we've personally tested as much as possible and tried to consider all use cases, due to different configurations and unique environments, it's impossible to say 100% if any software will run perfectly, though we try :slight_smile:

I'd highly advise testing any update on staging/development sites first before pushing to production, this ensures that if anything does go wrong, the live site isn't effected and everything can continue running normally without any issues.

Hopefully you'll both found 3.0.0.3 a lot more stable. :slight_smile:

Any issues, please let us know.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Sandor
    • WordPress Warrior

Ella,

Thank for the great feedback with clear screenshots! I was thinking the same thing on everything you mentioned and was starting to think I'd need to make a new marketpress template. Now that I see others have the same thoughts - I'm confident most of the items will be addressed at some point.
    Thank you for the pagespeed tests - I'm very curious to see the response!

Cheers,
    -Sandor

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.