After Updating Upfront to 0.4 EditMode stays stuck on Loading

I had previously been editing using the Panino template with upfront. I updated the template this morning to the newest version, 0.4, and when I tried to edit I'm given the loading wheel with no progress. I've had it running for about 10 minutes on two different browsers on the same computer (latest chrome and FF) and latest chrome on a separate computer to no luck.

I've also installed a new instance of wordpress and installed the upfront framework through there and still without luck. Even on multiple sub themes.

I'm at a loss to what is happening.

The console isn't throwing any errors. Loading looks to be stuck at GET .../wp-content/themes/upfront/styles/editor-interface.css.map

Domain is sandbox.blackrocket.com/upfront/

I've setup support access in case you need it.

  • Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

    Hi Michael,

    Hope you're well?

    That seems strange, my first thoughts was maybe a cache plugin of somekind, but you don't have any plugins installed on that site at all.

    Are you using a server that might be using object cache of some kind, such as maybe with wpengine etc or godaddy? if so, try disabling object caching.

    Also are you using cloudflare at all? as that will have some caching which could interfere.

    Also, I note in the system info, if you have access to php.ini

    Can you try increasing the max_execution_time from 120 to possibly 300

    You may need to ask your host how to edit the php.ini for your account.

    Then make sure you set

    max_execution_time = 300

    Hope this helps

    • Hannah
      • New Recruit

      Just wanted to post this here in case this might solve the issue for anyone else. I ran into an issue with this on multisite subdomains and had tried everything I could find, to no avail.

      Turns out the issue was due to enabling SSL for admin dashboard via the domain mapping plugin.

      I solved this by disabling SSL for dashboard and enabling SSL for login by adding define('FORCE_SSL_LOGIN', true); to wp-config.

      If you're looking for a different solution, I'm sure you could also solve this by installing a plugin that allows displaying insecure content.

      Cheers!

  • Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

    Hi michael,

    I have asked one of our developers for some assistance with this for you. I can't determine what is causing it unfortunately. I don't see any JS errors at all either.

    Hopefully the developer might know some other tricks to try.

    Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.