After WSOD - Permalinks now cause another WSOD.

I got the White Screen of Death (WSOD) today.

I got advice from my hosting company which didn't fix anything (getting rid of plugins, themes and .htaccess file) until I reset the permalinks.

I reinstalled my plugins one by one in a new plugins folder.

Most worked - except Appointments+ took me to WSOD again.
Now I tried to update permalinks and that gives me the WSOD.
...and the widgets I took from inactive and reinstalled where they were - do NOT appear if they are a WPMU plugin widget - unless they are on a buddypress page.
An external plugin works - just not the WPMU ones.
Can someone assist please?
Thanks.

• Karen

I have removed the Appointments+ plugin (which apparently loaded - even though I got the white screen and from the WPMU Dev Dashboard plugin download area it told me something had gone wrong when I tried to install it).

I found (via File Manager on my cpanel with my host - as I was locked out of my wordpress site) that it was actually in the plugin folder.

Removing Appointments+ gave me back access to all my pages...BUT it didn't fix the issue with WPMU Plugin widgets NOT showing .

I just tried again to download Appointments+ (with my website working) and it again takes you to WSOD and NONE of my site is available - so something is WRONG with that plugin.

I am also wondering how it managed to crash my site today when I wasn't even working with it (it had been set up weeks ago so I had moved on to fixing other things).

The only new thing I can see is in WPMU Dev Dashboard/support/Staff Access (not there the other day). Would that be causing issues?
    Thanks for your advice.

• Karen

Just tried in install Google Maps (needed for Events+) and got a red Error message from the WPMU Dev plugins page. This did NOT appear in my files (via cpanel).

I then went to try Scheduled content and the note below it said to DEACTIVATE IT (I haven't ever activated it so that was odd. I refreshed the page and Google maps (previously saying Error) now had the same DEACTIVATE it message.

Yet my cpanel (refreshed again) did NOT show either as being ACTIVATED.

As it is late, I am going to log off and hope someone on the other side of the world can figure this out while I sleep. If so, Thanks.

Vinod and Aristath (and PC maybe) have our login details. Hopefully someone can hunt up the issue and fix it before it does my head in.

Thank you.

• Karen

Ari

Thanks.

I have just gone in and amended to :

define('WP_DEBUG', true );
    (It was a long process as I opened the document in Dreamweaver, amended it (it told me it was not in the right format - but I literally just changed false to true - I noted different spaces in the link you gave me but all gave me that message - FYI) and uploaded it to the folder the other one was in (renaming the original folder to OLD) .

If there is an easier process let me know.

What do I do now...how do I get the error message log to show you? Will it do it retrospectively or do I need to load appointments etc so you have a new log to look at? Do you want me to unload and reload the widgets as well???

Thanks.

Karen

• Karen

OK I went and visited my site (after doing the "true" in place of "false" and got this three lots of messages

1. Above the Page Title (Public Affairs Jobs):

Notice: bp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 1.7.) in /home1/profetb3/public_html/publicaffairsrecruitment/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3049

Notice: add_custom_image_header is deprecated since version 3.4! Use add_theme_support( 'custom-header', $args ) instead. in /home1/profetb3/public_html/publicaffairsrecruitment/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2908

Notice: get_current_theme is deprecated since version 3.4! Use wp_get_theme() instead. in /home1/profetb3/public_html/publicaffairsrecruitment/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2908

Notice: get_theme_data is deprecated since version 3.4! Use wp_get_theme() instead. in /home1/profetb3/public_html/publicaffairsrecruitment/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2908

Notice: is_main_query was called incorrectly. In pre_get_posts, use the WP_Query::is_main_query() method, not the is_main_query() function. See http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/is_main_query. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.7.) in /home1/profetb3/public_html/publicaffairsrecruitment/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3049

Notice: bp_is_page is deprecated since version 1.7 with no alternative available. in /home1/profetb3/public_html/publicaffairsrecruitment/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2910
    Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.7.) in /home1/profetb3/public_html/publicaffairsrecruitment/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3049
    http://www.publicaffairsrecruitment.com.au/wordpress/wp-content/themes/bp-fun/style.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

2. Beside the Page Title and above the main tabs

Notice: is_main_query was called incorrectly. In pre_get_posts, use the WP_Query::is_main_query() method, not the is_main_query() function. See http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/is_main_query. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.7.) in /home1/profetb3/public_html/publicaffairsrecruitment/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3049

3. In sidebar, above my only working (non-WPMU) widget:

Notice: Use of undefined constant BP_FORUMS_SLUG - assumed 'BP_FORUMS_SLUG' in /home1/profetb3/public_html/publicaffairsrecruitment/wordpress/wp-content/themes/bp-fun/functions.php on line 460

Over to you...not sure what it all means.

Is that what you were expecting would happen?

• Karen

Update:

I am back using the original wp-config.

Apart from :
    - the widget issue (see my post re widgets where WPMU Dev widgets in right column sidebar do not show -they only show if in the blog sidebar and then on every page - not confined to the sidebar)
    - the event pages issue (not showing icons on the summary page but is on the full details page)
    - this page is a mess (http://www.publicaffairsrecruitment.com.au/wordpress/account/)
    - and a few other things...

...my site seems to be working -ish.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.