Ahoy! I'm looking for a booking system for physical items -- boats (Appointments+)?

Appointments+ looks great, but I have a scenario I'm not sure it'll work for.. help! :slight_smile:

My local non-profit sailing club has 12 boats. To go sailing members reserve a boat.
Each boat has a Captain (membership level) and from 1-4 crew (different membership level)

So each boat can have up to 5 slots to reserve from the membership roster.

Boats can be reserved by Captains or Crew, but every boat *must* have a Captain or else they can't go out sailing :slight_frown:

Can Appointments+ be used as a booking engine in this kind of scenario? Is it close to having the functionality needed? Is there a different plugin that may work better? Is is feasible to customize the plugin to make it work as intended?

We're in the process of building a new Wordpress site for the sailing club, and it would be great if we could leverage existing plugins to make the membership, reservation and event needs easy to facilitate.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Grant

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Grant,

Thanks for joining WPMU DEV community!

Can Appointments+ be used as a booking engine in this kind of scenario? Is it close to having the functionality needed?

Appointments+ is great plugin for managing one-to-one appointments. With some tweaking it can be used one-to-many appointments and also for booking rooms or other stuff - like boats also.
    Looking at your scenario - without changing anything more in Appointment - it would work like that:
    - you would have boats as services
    - some dummy service provider (it's mandatory with Appointments)
    - increased capacity to 5 for booking boat.

Then you would have calendar with available slots for boats - and every slot can be reserved for five people and after that it will become unavailable.

So this would need be modify in plugin - only four people from crew can book slots for one boat and it will be available until the captain will book last slot.

This would require custom coding, because it's not in Appointments.

I'm not aware of better plugin on market right now, this is kind of specific scenario - so I imagine it will be hard to find. Maybe other members of our community will share some thoughts about it.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.