akapta.org "WP Event Calendar" Plugin

Hi,

For some reason, when you are logged into the akapta.org site, it shows different content for http://www.akapta.org/chapter-events/ then when you are logged out.
It is using the WP Event Calendar plugin. The logged in version is what should display for both. Do you know what could be affecting it? Could it have something to do with the Protected Content plugin? Just let me know if you need any more information from me to troubleshoot this.

Thank you!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Chris,

Hope you're doing well today!

Is it our Events+ plugin you're using or maybe this one? https://wordpress.org/plugins/events-manager/

When you deactivate Events+ does it show up normally again? Do you have the category add-on activated by any chance?

Try deactivating that add-on if you do. If none of that works then do you mind granting support access so we can have a closer look? :slight_smile:

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Chris

Hi Tyler,

We are using an event plugin called "The Events Calendar" by Modern Tribe Inc. I did a bit more digging and found that the "Protected Content" plugin that we got from you guys is somehow interfering with the event plugin. When I deactivate the Protected Content plugin, the event page pulls the right content when the user is logged out. Another odd thing, after I reactivated the Protected Content plugin, went to the settings and Custom Post Types, and marked tribe_events as protected, the page pulled the correct content when logged out, but it did not actually pull any events from the database.

I granted you guys access to the site. I really appreciate your help!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Chris,

Hope you're doing well today! Thanks for granting access.

Whenever I try to access your chapter-events page is just redirects me to your /home page? Even while logged in, so not sure I'm able to test this properly. Unless that is part of the issue but doesn't sound like it.

Did you try it with the Protected Content "Category protection" add-on off? If it works fine with that add-on off, then it's related to a known bug that is being fixed already :slight_smile: - you can also check if Custom Post Types work properly after deactivating the category add-on.

Look forward to hearing back.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Chris,

Hope you're doing well today and apologies for the delay!

Would you mind sending in your FTP and WP login so I could debug this further? This will allow me access to your events plugin too so I can copy it over and test it on my own install.

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.