Alidropship Compatibility

I have had numerous problems updating my Alidropship plugins. After much work with Alidropship Support, they told me the problem is with Smush Pro. To perform updates on the Alidropship Plugin I have to deactivate Smush Pro, execute the update and re-activate Smush Pro. When I brought up on a live chat with wpmudev support they said there are no known issues with these two programs. When Smush Pro is de-activated then re-activated is there any impact on the status of current pictures?

• Ash

Hello Bill

Right, there is no known issue with smush pro regarding other plugins update. If they can tell you details about the issue they found, please send us and we will investigate.

When Smush Pro is de-activated then re-activated is there any impact on the status of current pictures?

And no, there is no impact if you have deactivate and re-activate the mush plugin :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Bill

I gave them a temporary login to investigate and they were not able to find any issues with their plugin. So, they began to deactivate plugins and discovered that Smush Pro was the problem. Since then there have been two or three additional Alidropship updates. I've tried to perform the updates without deactivating Smush Pro and each time it fails. I then deactivate Smuch Pro and the update is completed right away. I am using the Alidropship plugin on two separate websites and experiencing the same issue on both.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Bill,

So it seems that developers of Alidropship didn't do any further debugging. Can you enable debug.log on your site with that plugin and then try to update plugin when Smush is activated? It should give us more information about why the update fails.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

after that you should have debug.log inside the wp-content directory - upload it to service like a Dropbox and paste a link here so we can investigate this issue.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.