all alt tags to certain images manually

Hi. I had a few broken images on my site after migratiing to a new subdomain. I uploaded them mauanlly and now want to add in alt tags for seo. I can't just find them in wp-admin caz the site has tens of thousands of images. Any way I can search for images by directory (all the broken images were in the same folder) and manually add the alt tags?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jonathan,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

With a standard WP Media Library you can search by dates (see screenshot below) and usually dates are relevant to the upload folders. Would that help a bit?

You can also give the Media Library Assistant plugin a try:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/media-library-assistant/

It adds some nice features (including bulk editing and better searching options) to the Media Library so it may be easier to edit these images with it's help.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Jonathan

All the images on the site were uploaded at once, so the search by date is not helping. I can't seem to find a way to make that plugin work for me either. Is there a way (using this plugin or by a different method) to search for all files in a certain directory. I'm looking to all alt tag to all the images in /wp-content/uploads/2016/10/logos. Using the date search for Oct 2016 is not possible since tens of thousands of images were uploaded that month so I just need this specific directory, how can I do that?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jonathan!

I'm a bit confused with this question: " Is there a way (using this plugin or by a different method) to search for all files in a certain directory. I'm looking to all alt tag to all the images in /wp-content/uploads/2016/10/logos. "

If it's about all images, simply filtering by date will return them. If this is about only some of the images in that given folder, I'd say that aforementioned plugin would be the best shot.

There's another plugin that let's you do a "full context" search on files in Media Library (so it will also search through the content of "Alt" attributes), though it will not let you specify date. It may be worth giving a try though:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/media-search-enhanced/

If that's not a solution, can you please tell me what exact search (I mean what "search term" etc) would you like to perform on that folder? Would that be like search for "empty alt" or for "alt" that includes some fixed part/term...?

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.