All front end WooCommerce pages and functionality has stopped working

Okay, all of a sudden every aspect of Woocommerce on the front end has stopped working. If I try to view a product or category page it loads a plain white screen. Everything looks fine in the backend though I can see and edit all products and categories etc but when I go to the frontend there is nothing there. Can you help please?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Cheryl,

You're referring to your bath & soul site here, is that correct?

White screen like that usually means there's fatal error happening somewhere so we should determine what's causing it.

Can you enable debug log in your wp-config.php by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Go to your product so that white page is shown again and this should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Cheryl,

That's strange, if the file is not created that would mean that there are no errors on your site whatsoever.

Can you try removing the code I posted above and leave only this line:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    With this you should be able to see the error directly on your white page.

If you see the error please copy it and paste it here and after that change WP_DEBUG status to false by restoring it to this:
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Cheryl,

Wow, this is really strange... I checked your permalinks and Woo settings and everything seems in place there so I'm not sure what could be causing this.

I would suggest performing conflict test by disabling your other plugins and switching to default WP theme to see if any of those is causing this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Cheryl!

This would mean that it's indeed a theme issue or a case of this particular theme conflicting with some other plugin.

I've noticed though that your X parent theme is slightly outdated. While you are using a 4.6.1 version, there's a 4.6.3 version available. I think updating it to the current release may be worth giving a try.

Make sure first please that you took a full backup of your site just in case anything went wrong and also after you update it, make sure that you cleared all the caches. I don't see any caching plugin on your site but a browser cache should be emptied.

Let me know pleases if that worked!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.