all I am looking to sell subdomains from a wordpress

Hi all

I am looking to sell subdomains from a wordpress multisite installation preferably using WHCMS to create a site similar to photium.com. I want to lock down and simplify wordpress functionality to make it easier to use and support.

I have some requirements for plugins to help me do this - clearly all plugins need to be multisite compatible:

A plugin that simplifies blogging. I see that there is a plugin to do this on this site.

A plugin that will limit the number of static pages that can be created. I want an about me page, home page, testimonials page, FAQ page and a few others - I want menu options to edit each of these in the main menu on the left instead of the single "Pages" menu option.

Plugins for entering frequently asked questions and testimonials that are displayed in pages using "shortcodes" like [faq] or [testimonials] or something similar.

A plugin that will insert a contact form into a page or post that will collect name, email, phone number and message. The messages should be stored in the database and displayed as a list in the admin portal. The list should show if a message has been read or not.

A simple and easy to use gallery. Drag and drop functionality if possible, to upload and organise photos. The way that facebook allows users to upload photos by dropping them into an area in the browser instead of displaying a file select dialog box is really cool. If the plugin could create thumbnails and automatically watermark the main photo using text that has been specified in the plugin settings would also be cool.

Do these plugins already exist either exactly as described, or even close? I dont mind taking a plugin and adding functionality, or even writing from scratch if there is nothing like them. I thought I'd post here first though!

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

• hpidriver

A plugin that simplifies blogging. I see that there is a plugin to do this on this site.

Yep, Easy Blogging. Or you could get more customized using Gravity Forms or Formidable to make your own forms.

A plugin that will limit the number of static pages that can be created. I want an about me page, home page, testimonials page, FAQ page and a few others - I want menu options to edit each of these in the main menu on the left instead of the single "Pages" menu option.

WPMU Pro Sites

Plugins for entering frequently asked questions and testimonials that are displayed in pages using "shortcodes" like [faq] or [testimonials] or something similar.

If you want to create static FAQ pages you could just do that using the normal Wordpress Pages or perhaps this will work for your needs - WPMU Q&A

A plugin that will insert a contact form into a page or post that will collect name, email, phone number and message. The messages should be stored in the database and displayed as a list in the admin portal. The list should show if a message has been read or not.

A simple and easy to use gallery. Drag and drop functionality if possible, to upload and organise photos. The way that facebook allows users to upload photos by dropping them into an area in the browser instead of displaying a file select dialog box is really cool. If the plugin could create thumbnails and automatically watermark the main photo using text that has been specified in the plugin settings would also be cool.

There are several plugins available for these last two, try searching around and see what you like.