All I am running

Hi All

I am running a wordpress theme called Parker.

I have an Instagram widget at the bottom of the home page which is acting correctly, however I have added the title 'Instagram'. I don't appear to be able to change the font of this text & I would like to have flexibility to change it. Is this a coding issue?

Also I have a title on the home page which reads 'Recent Posts'. I have tried several times to align this to the vertical centre of the text box in the pages text editor but on saving changes - it is above centre. If this is a simple fix please could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks again
T

• Nithin

Hi Tobias,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I don't appear to be able to change the font of this text & I would like to have flexibility to change it. Is this a coding issue?

How are you trying to change the font? Since it's a premium theme, I'm not sure how that works. Please try the following code, and check whether it helps:

#null-instagram-feed-1 .widget-title {
            font-family: Lato, sans-serif;
    }

You'll have to replace the font-family with your font, in the above CSS.

Also I have a title on the home page which reads 'Recent Posts'. I have tried several times to align this to the vertical centre of the text box in the pages text editor but on saving changes - it is above centre. If this is a simple fix please could you point me in the right direction?

I don't see any title name 'Recent Posts', but I could notice 'Latest Posts', so I suppose you might have changed the text to later. I have added padding-bottom, in the page editor. Please try the following code, and see whether it works:

.landing-content.landing-section {
        padding-bottom: 0;
    }

You can add the above CSS code, using Custom CSS box(if your theme offers), or either using a Child theme, or a plugin like Simple Custom CSS.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Tobias

Hi

Thanks for the help.

I'm afraid at this stage I am not using code. I don't want to change my theme & I believe it would be better I don't attempt this at this stage.

Am I able to add padding within the HTML of the post editor?

I believe there are problems with wordpress paragraph spacing generally. For example on one of my posts 'less is amore' i would like to have a paragraph space (white space) between the last paragraph of the post & the 'how do you keep it simple?' comment.

I have used youtube to attempt various page break ideas in the html but I just can't achieve what I'm looking to do.

Please could you help?
      Thanks again

• Nithin

Hi Tobias,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I'm afraid at this stage I am not using code. I don't want to change my theme & I believe it would be better I don't attempt this at this stage.

Am I able to add padding within the HTML of the post editor?

You can implement the CSS given above to make that work, you'll have to add this either in the custom CSS section of your theme, or make use of a plugin like Simple Custom CSS

I'm afraid, not all the CSS that's provided above could be added within the HTML of the post editor, however I did add padding-bottom to the HTML editor, but to see the changes in action you'll have to implement all the CSS as mentioned in the previous reply.

I believe there are problems with wordpress paragraph spacing generally. For example on one of my posts 'less is amore' i would like to have a paragraph space (white space) between the last paragraph of the post & the 'how do you keep it simple?' comment.

I have added display, and margin attributes to the existing CSS in the html editor, and now there seems to be adequate white space:
    <span style="font-family: 'Reenie Beanie', handwriting; font-size: 24pt; color: #ab1b1b; display: block; margin-top: 5%;">

To increase or decrease the white space, you can change the value of margin-top. Please clear your browser cache, and check whether it works.

I have used youtube to attempt various page break ideas in the html but I just can't achieve what I'm looking to do.

I'm afraid, I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here. Is this related to any specific post? Could you please specific the post where you are having issue, or maybe a screenshot should help us understand it better.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.