all, I am trying to get Upfront working on this site but

Hello all, I am trying to get Upfront working on this site but I cant seem to get it to work. What I did was install the dashboard and install and activate one of the themes. When I hit the upfront button in the admin bar it takes me to the website and the URL indicates its in edit mode. However, no controls for editing the page show and the upfront button is then greyed out in the top admin bar.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Tom Legens

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Thanks for granting Support Access. I logged in and tried to regenerate the issue on your site, and I could. So I investigated, and found this file is not available in your server:

http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-content/themes/upfront/scripts/upfront/templates/popup.html?ufver=1.0.5

I've replaced your original domain with "yourdomain.com" here.

Then I checked in my test site using Upfront and I could load that file just fine. So either the file is not there in your server, or there is permission issue.

Can you install Upfront manually again? I mean, download Upfront from here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/download/1928887236_upfront-1.0.5.zip and unzip on your computer, you will get a folder called "upfront". Then login to your server with FTP, go to your "wp-content/themes" folder, delete the "upfront" folder from there, and then upload the "upfront" folder from your computer to your server inside "wp-content/themes" folder.

I believe this will fix the issue. If not, please let us know. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• TLDCO
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

One other thing, when I looked at the Appearance > Themes the Upfront parent theme never showed when just installed with the Scribe theme from the WPMU Dashboard but the theme folder was in the correct place looking at it via ftp. If I just installed the Upfront theme from the normal WP theme installer the theme did show. I still have the original problem though.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Tom,

Please add this following code to your .htacess file:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterRemove 00318
    </IfModule>

Let me know if this helps.

One other thing, when I looked at the Appearance > Themes the Upfront parent theme never showed when just installed with the Scribe theme from the WPMU Dashboard but the theme folder was in the correct place looking at it via ftp.

That is correct. Upfront will not show - and it should not in themes. If there is no notification like "Parent theme is missing" then it means that Upfront is there and it is working.

Issue you are having is probably related to mod_security on your server that is blocking Upfront.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.