To many markers, limit markers to viewport.

Hey all,

I have been toying with a number of options to help optimize the map marker display.

Does the current marker system support viewport marker management? Your team has employed clustering, but there is a method to limit the markers to the viewport as illlustrated here: https://developers.google.com/maps/articles/toomanymarkers

Is it in there or what would it take to get it implemented?

Please let me know. This would be extremely helpful to my cause.

Thank you,

Jamie

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Jamie,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Currently the plugin doesn't support viewport marker management but it does support Marker Clusterer as mentioned on your shared page.

The Marker Clusterer cleans up your maps by grouping nearby markers into clusters. This will automatically affect all maps when activated. You can use it by activating the "Marker cluster" add-on from the following path.

Admin Area -> Settings -> Google Maps -> Add-ons

Regarding viewport marker management , I will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• jamie

Thank you for the reply.

Sounds like a plan.

The google map api advances fast and while clustering is a great feature, the fact that each marker i have represents a different category i would have to see how that might effect user experience. Having all the different items in one place may make finding the category the user seeks too difficult.

Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Jamie