all, I'm planning on using Membership for my website, but

Hi all,
I'm planning on using Membership for my website, but I'm just not sure if it's going to work for me. Here’s exactly what I’m trying to do. This website is for teachers who teach a specific method of music instruction. Once they become a licensed teacher, they need to continue to purchase training materials, in a specific order, as they progress as a teacher. There are about 40 or so levels of materials that they will purchase throughout their career.

I’m also using marketpress on my site, which is how the teachers will actually purchase the license to new materials. I’m not using marketpress and membership together, since each teacher will have to be approved for each level, based on their pre-requisites.

What I need to happen is this. A teacher orders the license for level 4, I then go in and manually add them to that specific level that they will be a part of so long as they are a teacher. As a teacher is subscribed to each level, they also retain access to all the previous levels they have already purchased.

What I want to do is build all of the access levels that I need and manually add or remove teachers from those levels, based on what they are able to purchase. I don’t want teachers to have to subscribe to levels because they may not have met the pre-requisites for that level.

Since I’m not going to be using subscriptions for this site because uers won’t be getting several levels at once, is it possible to do this without having subscriptions and without users having to register for each different level?

Thanks in advance.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings simplymusic,

Thank you for the question.

is it possible to do this without having subscriptions and without users having to register for each different level?

No - but then if one does not need a subscription then one does not need the Membership plugin.

That is what membership specializes in - subscriptions.

Am I perhaps missing something this time around?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• simplymusic
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey Joe,

I'm interested in using the content protection portion of membership, rather than the subscription part. I want to have access levels and assign members to different access levels, but I don't see how subscriptions would fit into what I'm trying to do.

Thanks,

SM

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings simplymusic,

Thank you for the additional input and I think I get it now that you want to use the levels but not have a "subscription" so to speak.

They join as a free member and you manually update them to an applicable level?

Is this perhaps what you have in mind?

Let me know.

Cheers, Joe

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @simplymusic

I hope you are well today, You can do that, but you'd need to assign them manually in the back end of membership. Though it would be best to use the subscriptions, though currently this isn't working as Barry is aware of the issues your having and working on it, we aim to have these resolved for you ASAP. Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.