All, I'm sure it is entirely possible that I am musing

Hi All,
I'm sure it is entirely possible that I am musing something, If so, point it out for me. I'm working on prepping a list for my potential client. Trying to put together what I can provide for network capabilities.

Is there a list or some way of seeing which plugins and themes are network capable or sub site capable?

If not maybe I can recommend a four letter scale of sorts.
A, B, N and S with red and green circles representing availability/comparability/capability..
A for admin, B for BuddyPress, N for Network and S for sub site.
You could have multiple greens for multiple capability.

This would sure make it a lot easier to test and save time not testing things that are known to not be incomparable or not recommended uses.

It would probably save you all time answering questions for people expecting things to work in the wrong enviroment.

Just thinking out loud.

Thanks for all
RIchard

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @Richard,

Thanks for the suggestion. It's quite an interesting one.

You're right that we don't currently have anything that provides this much detail as to how each plugin functions on your site. We do have our "compatibility" section on each of the plugin project pages which shows if the plugin works with WordPress, Multisite or BuddyPress, but nothing that splits it to Network Admin, Sub-Site etc.

Although it would be a tricky site feature to implement, I will certainly pass your comments on to our developers for consideration.

• Richard
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks! That would be great.
    I often expand the info in the wpmu dev dashboard,
    but rarely go to the project page. To have something where we actually make the decision to install or not would be huge.

I realize it would be a lot to implement in the existing site and going back to set them for al the themes and plugins, but the amount of benefit to the user would e even greater.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.
    I'm slow as it is and anything to speed things up helps me greatly.
    Thanks for listening.

All the best
    Richard

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.