InnoDB or MyISAM database engine for global tables?

Hi all,

I'm wondering why the MyISAM database engine is chosen on creation of global database tables of plugins like MarketPress and Anti-Splog (and others?).

Our server is running MySQL 5.6 so the InnoDB engine is default. New blog tables are all set to use InnoDB. Still, new tables created by WPMUDEV plugins seem to prefer MyISAM. Is there a reason for this?

I've had a MySQL server crash and restarting the service revealed warnings in the error.log:

2014-11-29 12:55:05 22243 [ERROR] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Table './aufildudoux_fr/wp_mp_products' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
2014-11-29 12:55:05 22243 [Warning] Checking table:   './aufildudoux_fr/wp_mp_products'
2014-11-29 12:55:05 22243 [ERROR] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Table './aufildudoux_fr/wp_ust' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
2014-11-29 12:55:05 22243 [Warning] Checking table:   './aufildudoux_fr/wp_ust'

Checking the DB, I noticed that these tables are among the few to use the MyISAM engine. No idea if this is related at all (no definitive errors found that explain these crashes) but I decided to switch these tables over to InnoDB.

No problems so far but just to make sure: can anyone tell me more about why MyISAM is chosen on table creation?